Welcome to my Thirty-One Gifts MLM review.
If you’re here, I’m guessing you’ve either heard of Thirty-One Gifts or been exposed to the company and its business opportunity.
Of course, you have questions, such as Thirty-One Gifts a scam?
So, relax. Thirty-One Gifts is not a scam. Neither is a Pyramid Scheme. Their legitimate home-based business opportunity is open to anyone.
And I’m convinced that after reading my Thirty-One Gifts MLM review, you’ll be more equipped to decide whether or not Thirty-One Gifts is perfect for you. Let’s get started!
This Thirtyone Review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Pros: What I Liked
Thirty-One Gifts rewards retail sales rather well.
Low initial investment.
Cons: What I Didn't Like
Thirty-One Gifts a ruse pyramid scheme.
MLM business model.
99% of people lose money in an MLM.
Chances are you heard about Thirty-One Gifts because someone – a friend or family member – introduced you to the company. Maybe you attended an online workshop or webinar, or maybe an in-person information session.
Your head’s probably spinning. This might be the first time you’ve heard about a real way to make money outside of a typical job.
So first off, congratulations!
You’ve just entered a whole new world…the world of making money on your own terms.
However, you came in through the wrong door.
Because Thirty-One Gifts is – plain and simple – an MLM. Throw whatever fancy name you want on it…multi-level marketing (MLM), network marketing (NWM), direct sales, or anything else, it’s the same concept:
You pay some money upfront for the “opportunity” to sell products.
The products are typically low-quality but with high price tags (because fancy labels and stuff).
You’re told that the key to building your own successful business is selling these products to friends and family, and getting them on a subscription (so you get “monthly recurring revenue”).
Unfortunately, like most people who get taken in by these types of schemes, you’ll quickly discover that the well runs dry faster than you imagined.
After all, they make it sound really simple. “Just get 5 people you know onto this magic widget, and things will just grow from there.”
And in your head, you think “How hard can it be? I know plenty of people, 5 will be easy.”
But then you do it, and you realize people look at you like you’ve joined a cult. You’ve become “that person”, who joined an MLM, and is now trying to sell questionable products or services to everyone they meet.
It puts a strain on your relationships, and you end up stuck between two worlds.
But it’s not your fault. These companies spend millions of dollars each year figuring out exactly how to brainwash and recruit people. And that’s why we’re here.
To help you find a better way before it’s too late.
So, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Selling to friends and family
- Selling to strangers
- Recruiting people
- Dealing with questionable products that weigh on your conscience
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day chasing, selling, or managing anything?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like MLM, and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Thirty-One Gifts, keep reading.
What Is Thirty-One Gifts?
Cindy Monroe created the multi-level marketing company Thirty-One Gifts in 2003. Cindy founded the organization “to help women by giving them the opportunity to run their own successful business.”
And add this saying “Not only do our fashionable, functional products make life easier – they also help independent business owners across the country support their families and reach their dreams.”
How Do MLM Works?
Remember that MLMs are companies. Sure, they could suggest you’re developing your own business model by joining up.
True, but joining up for them gives them an advantage over you. Remember that you will only be paid for the number of things sold. This implies that your sales efforts are completely unpaid.
Sorry if all your efforts resulted in few sales. Do you expect an MLM company to reward your efforts? They don’t.
To advance in rank, you must continually recruit new members.
How Much Does It Cost To Join Thirty-One Gifts?
You must buy an enrollment package to become a Thirty-One consultant. Kits come in two types:
Signature Kit = $99
The Signature Kit includes 12 items in the season’s hottest designs, plus business tools.
Create Your Own Kit = $130
Each item in this kit is made to order, so you may pick your prints and customize other pieces.
A personalized website and branded emails are also available for $16.95 per month.
Along the process, keep in mind the following purchases:
- Displaying more goods
- Food and drink ideas for your house party
- Marketing tools, including brochures and business cards
In addition, to be active, you must reach 200PV (personal volume). To remain active, you may have to finance these costs yourself, which might be problematic for new thirty-one consultants.
What Is Thirty-One Gifts Compensation Plan?
The Thirty-One compensation scheme has six levels.
- Consultant: Qualify with $1000 PV (Personal Volume) and maintain 200PV over a three-month rolling period.
- Senior Consultant: Recruit two qualified consultants and keep 200 PV on a rolling three-month basis.
- Director: Recruit four qualified consultants every month for $1000PV and $4000GV (group volume).
- Senior Director: Recruit and retain two qualifying consultants and two qualifying directors. Generate $1000PV and $4000GV (group volume) each month. Have a total PV and GV of $12,000 or more throughout generations 1 and 2.
- Executive Director: Maintain four qualified directors, $1000 PV per month and $4000 GV (group volume) each month, and a total PV and GV of $20,000 or more over generations one through three.
- Senior Executive Director: Maintain at least eight qualified directors, $1000PV and $4000GV (group volume) every month, and a total PV and GV of $36,000 or higher over generations 1 to 3.
You may be making money in a variety of ways, including:
Thirty-one consultant are paid just for retail sales and are not eligible for team commissions. The retail commissions for each level are as follows:
- Consultant – 25%
- Senior Consultants – 25%
- Director – 28%
- Senior Director – 30%
- Executive Director – 32%
- Senior Executive Director – 34%
Here are the percentages of team sales for each rank:
- Senior Consultant – 2% of generation one
- Director – 3% for generation one and 2% for generation two
- Senior Director – 5% on generation one, 3% on generation two, and 2% on generation three
- Executive Director – 7% on generation one, 3% on generation two, and 2% on generation three
- Senior Executive Director – 9% on generation one, 3% on generation two, and 2% on generation three
How Does Thirty-One Gifts Works?
Their affiliate network allows regular people to work from home by selling their items and earning money. It sounds win-win. However, MLM companies like Thirty-One Gifts save millions of dollars in marketing expenditures by letting members do all the work themselves.
What Are Thirty-One Gifts Products?
If you genuinely want to try your luck in an MLM, you first need to know their items. Knowing their merchandise is critical to your success.
- Grocery Totes – for shopping. Prices vary from $18 to $48.
- Oversized Bags – these are their largest totes. Prices vary from $48 to $108.
- Work Totes – intended to help you through the day. Prices vary from $48 to $78.
- Small Utility Totes – ideal for shopping and easily folded for storing. Prices vary from $18 to $24.
- Large Utility Totes – great for beach towels, BBQ stuff, and more. 38% and 48% off.
- Backpacks – from $22.00 to $98.00.
- Beach Bags – Prices vary from $22 to $62.
- Crossbody Bags – $48-$68.00.
- Day Bags — $38-$68.00.
- Diaper Bags — $38-$88.00.
- Tote Bags – $58-$78.00.
- Travel Bags – $48 – $108.00.
- Work Bags – $68-$88.00.
These thermals are designed to keep you cool.
- Beach & Pool – $14-$48.
- Insulated Lunch Bags – priced from $18 to $28.
- Large Thermals – $38-$48.
- Small Thermals — $12-$28.
- Sports Practices – $12-$48.
Masks, wallets, bags, toiletries, cosmetics, etc.
Popular Thirty-One Gift Products:
- All Packed Duffle Charcoal Crosshatch ($80) This crosshatch backpack is perfect for the gym, camping, or shopping. Attractive with its basic design and charcoal finish.
- City Chic Bag Chestnut Distressed Pebble ($68) – Shoulder bag with a zipper pocket, zip-top closure, and two flat pockets in chestnut distressed pebble ($68). It’s small enough to carry all day. There’s also a phone pocket.
- All About the Benjamins ($48) A full-sized wallet with 12 credit card slots, a zip clasp, and an inside zip pocket. It’s elegant, useful and light.
It’s wise to be aware that various companies are selling similar things. Hundreds more MLM companies provide comparable fashion goods like:
- Lularoe (women’s wear)
- Dot Dot Smile
- Paparazzi Beads (jewelry)
- Pink Zebra (perfumes)
They all claim a unique cause or trait that sets them apart. In truth, they all provide the same opportunity. So, what makes them unique?
Thirty-One Gifts’ Flagship Product
Around Town Tote Terrazzo Pebble ($78) – With a basic and sophisticated design. For shopping, hiking, or any other casual usage. It’s a carryall kind of bag.
How Do You Market Thirty-One Gifts Products?
There are two methods of marketing these things:
The number 1 method they propose you sell their items is face-to-face. They encourage this since this way, and your prospective buyers can see and feel the merchandise. And they advocate accomplishing this via in-home gatherings.
These parties may be held at your home or at someone else’s home, and the people who host them are known as “insiders.” And as an inducement for an insider to throw a party. This person may get discounts, free goods, exclusive items, and credits that may be used to purchase Thirty-One Gifts products.
Another method that you may offer these things is virtual. And by creating a virtual party, you may invite friends and family from all parts of the nation or the globe, for that matter. And then you would link folks to your copied website where they can make their purchases.
Is Thirty-One Gifts A Pyramid Scheme?
Thirty-One Gifts is not a pyramid scheme since members make money by selling services and recruiting new members. Even if that is the truth, keep in mind that this is an MLM and recruiting members is worth more than selling. This disguises Thirty-One Gifts as a pyramid scheme.
Thirty-One Gifts Income Disclosure Statement
The MLM companies is full of scams and terrible chances. Across all MLMs, 99 % of people losing money, and 1% win money. Thirty-One Gifts is better than other MLMs, yet still fails.
In the Thirty-One income disclosure statement, while Cindy founded Thirty-One to assist women in maintaining their families and achieving their aspirations, this disclosure paints a different narrative.
Of course, not everyone who joins an MLM wants to work it. Some join merely to save money on things. Great if you’re out there selling Thirty-One to get out of the home. But there’s a little chance this “company” is sustaining your family.
According to the 2018 income disclosure statement, there were 98,089 active consultants. That implies fewer than 100 individuals profit from it.
Is Thirty- One Gifts A Scam?
So, is Thirty- One a scam?
Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as the company makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – the actual commissions are pretty small.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is a $50 commission, it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike an MLM, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives to Thirty-One Gifts?
Yes, there are plenty of MLM companies to choose from if you want to pursue this business model. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2023?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With MLMs and Network Marketing, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own your “team”.
Look at the fine print for most of the agreements folks sign when they join one of these companies. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Alright, so most MLMs don’t make you buy the products and fill your garage with them anymore (unlike the good ol’ days), but you’re still in a physical products business.
And physical products always have physical limitations. Even if you don’t have to manage the inventory, you still have to deal with supply chain shortages that cause major delays.
Imagine finally landing your first customer, and then losing them after one sale because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with an MLM, you’d have to double your customers OR double the average order size of your existing customers. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. In an MLM, your “upline” might convince you that what you’re selling improves people’s lives, but deep down, you likely know that’s not true.
Most of the time, you’re either selling a dream or a poor-quality, overpriced product with a fancy label.
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours.
You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Thirty-one Gifts which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.