Superstar Blogging Review (Updated 2024): Is Matt Kepnes The Best Blogging Coach?
Introduction To Superstar Blogging Review
Matt Kepnes is a blogging guru whose Superstar Blogging course has been helping folks with - you guessed it - travel blogging!
His own blog is called "Nomadic Matt", and it's all about giving tips to people on the best ways to travel as well as where to travel.
Matt's been at it for almost 20 years now, so you've gotta wonder - how can running a travel blog really make you sustainable money?!
Well, as you might have picked up from one of Matt's ads, his travel blogging course does get into how you can make it work through a combination of Google Ads, as well as affiliate marketing.
And if you're reading this, you're probably wondering if any of what Matt says is legit or not. You might even be checking out other gurus like Misha Wilson or Iman Gadzhi to see if they're offering better.
It makes sense to be suspicious and to compare all these programs out there...because as much as you're fed up of the 9-5 rat race, scammers know you are too!
They'll say all kind of nice and pleasant things, but after you fork over all your money, you find out that there was never really anything of substance behind them.
It can be a little concerning, but I do have some good news for ya.
You're in the right place.
I've been reviewing all these gurus and programs for years now, covering everything from the best affiliate niches to how to become a real estate investor, and after a while you figure out how to tell the good from the bad...and even the ugly.
So, I'll walk you through the ups and downs of what Matt's Superstar Blogging course has to offer, we'll see how much this thing costs, and then we'll see if there are any decent alternatives to being a travel blogger these days.
Now, let's get rolling with our Superstar Blogging review!
This Superstar Blogging review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
- With an increasingly globalized world, folks are travelling more than ever - and that means more blog readers.
- If all goes well, you're just making money from people clicking links on your blog, which means you're not working too hard.
- Matt has been doing this for a very long time, which means you're getting a seasoned expert.
- Affiliate marketing is super oversaturated, meaning there are too many people trying to do this thing.
- It takes months to get paid with affiliate marketing, and that means you've gotta be very patient.
- Some people say that the coaching is "disconnected", which might mean that Matt is finally getting tired after decades of blogging.
Why Listen To UsMy name is Josiah, and this is my Dad, Joel.
Together, we make up the team here at Scamrisk.
If you’ll let me bother you for two minutes, I’d like to quickly explain why I’m even here writing this review.
In early 2020, I had just graduated from college & had no real career prospects.
I knew I was destined for something more, but I had no clue how I was going to make it happen.
I had this sinking feeling in my gut all the time… like the “big man upstairs” had accidentally given me the version of life where I’d be mediocre forever, instead of the one where I was, ya know – happy & fulfilled.
I had fiddled around with some different online businesses in college:
Some random MLMs, a bit of affiliate marketing, a (failed) dropshipping store or two, all the usual suspects.
Even my dad had been involved in MLMs back in the day… selling knives & other random nonsense people (probably) didn’t need.
All I really wanted was to find something that was going to actually work for me.
Maybe those things had worked for others, but for me it all turned up a fat “0” in the bank account department.
So I searched! And searched… and searched… and searched…
And eventually, I somehow stumbled upon a program that promised to help me build an income online (read about it here if you’re curious).
I didn’t really want to be “rich”.
The thought of making a reliable $5K per month & not having to worry about clocking in to a 9-to-5 ever again was all I needed.
Sure, there were people in the program doing high-6 and low-7 figures per year… but that wasn’t what I was out for.
I just wanted to provide freedom for myself, and if I was lucky, take my family along for the ride.
Fast forward a few days and a few phone calls & I was enrolled!
Here’s the first “money making website” I put up:
I built that site in 2020, and it still makes me $1,500 per month. It’s a basic 5 page website I built based on a template the program provides.
The best part to me? My dad and I get to do it all together!
So between the:
Is why I recommend local lead generation as my #1 business model for making money online.
Sure, it takes some work and dedication – but anyone that tells you that there’s a business out there that requires no work is selling you a lemon.
I’m not saying you need to sign up for the same program I did, but I would definitely recommend giving the business model a peek!
TLDR - What's The Verdict On Nomadic Matt's Superstar Blogging?
Matt Kepnes has been helping travel bloggers for over a decade now, so you could say you knows a thing or two about writing a blog post by now.
After realizing that he could make money do it, it didn't take too long for him to create his Superstar Blogging program to make even more money by training students to do what he does!
While it seems Matt strongly prefers to help people who focus on travel, you may be able to work with him regarding other blogs as well.
His advice all revolves in how to bring more people to your blog (often through search engine optimization), how to keep them on your page, and then how to get them to click on your links to buy products on the other end.
Unfortunately, I do have concerns.
As cool as it is that Matt Kepnes has been around for all these years, it also has a downside: it was WAY EASIER to get into affiliate marketing back in 2006 than it is now. I didn't even have home internet in my house until 2006, and now everyone has a connection to the internet in the palm of their hand...or watch, or glasses.
The point is that the times have changed, and oversaturation is a major issue for anyone taking Nomadic Matt's blogging course. This means you'll have an incredibly amount of competition, since you'll be playing a game of keywords with the entire internet!
Instead, I recommend you check out this thing called Digital Leasing. It's a form of local lead generation, where your competition is knocked down to a local level, and all you have to do is bring in customers for small business owners.
Oh, and did I mention you can do it all from the comfort of your home?
The students seem extremely passionate about what they're doing - not just getting by, but creating their own future.
But if you'd like to hear more about my Matt Kepnes review, then let's keep on rolling.
Who Benefits From Superstar Blogging...And Who Doesn't?
|Affiliate links take a while to see any money.
|Level of Control
|It seems like Matt will let you sell other things, but be sure to read the fine print.
|Ease of Implementation
|Pretty easy to set up a travel blog.
|Very oversaturated - remember that Matt started almost 20 years ago.
So often, we find these great-sounding gurus who say all the right things, but then it turns out their business model sucks and they are just lying through their teeth. Other times, we stumble onto the perfect business model, but the guru is just too boring!
It can be real tricky to figure out what the best program is for you, but let me see if I can help.
Superstar Blogging might be for you if...
- You love traveling the world
- You are patient enough to wait months for your payday
- You've tried other courses (like Affiliate Marketing Mastery) and done well
But Matt Kepnes probably isn't for you if...
- You don't think there's enough upside here
- You need a career where you aren't at risk of making zero dollars for months
- You don't really care much about travel
Superstar Blogging At A 1,000 FT View
Running a blog is something you can just do in your free time, but if you're reading this, then I'm guessing you wanna find a way on how you can monetize this thing.
Well, as a business model it's okay, but it just seems super outdated and oversaturated.
For example, your daily routine would be to wake up and talk about travel, while inserting affiliate links every so often so that people click through and buy some kind of product. You're also playing a keyword game to try to get your blog on the front page of search engine ranks as well.
Can you imagine yourself doing that every day since 2006?!
Well, that's what Matt Kepnes has done, so I don't doubt that he really does have the best travel blogging course out there...but I just have to question the business model.
Let's say you don't mind the daily monotony either. Even then, you're still trying to rank against countless other blogs across the internet - and remember, every student that Kepnes has helped since 2006 will be competing against you as well...
...if they're still in business, that is.
Another factor to consider is what product you wanna sell. Sometimes affiliate marketers will let you select from a series of products (from which they also get a cut), while others basically just force you to use links that sell that guru's course.
This is where things get a little too MLM-y, if you know what I mean.
With so many other (better) business models in the world, why would you wanna be stuck in the past as a blogger? Go out and get you some of that passive income, where you can figure out something that makes you feel powerful and like you're actually making a difference in the world!
Digital Leasing has you covered there. You get an opportunity with consistent income while still providing high upside, and it doesn't take months to see a paycheck either! With their local lead gen model, you'll have local business owners chasing you down to stack cash in your hands.
Sounds foolproof if you ask me. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll even be doing it from the beach...
Who Is Matt Kepnes?
Matt Kepnes, often better known as "Nomadic Matt", was just planning on heading down the traditional 9-5 path after earning his Business Administration degree from Suffolk University up in Boston.
However, one trip to Costa Rica changed his life forever, and in 2006, Kepnes started his (now-defunct) YouTube channel where he posted videos about traveling the world!
A couple years later, he started up his Nomadic Matt blog, and this has become the focal point of his life ever since.
He's written a couple books, but his bigger claim to fame is being possibly the most notorious (and wealthiest?) travel blogger out there.
It makes sense that he decided to launch the Superstar Blogging community, where he can share this knowledge of how to make your travel pay for itself.
How Much Does Superstar Blogging Cost?
So, how much does Superstar Blogging cost?
It looks like Matt's course is super cheap at a price of only $99 USD for lifetime access. And, unlike other courses, it seems like this one will be around for a long time.
A couple things I'd look out for: upsells and funnel fees. Those affiliate marketing sales funnels can cost you up to 300 bucks per month, so be sure to ask the team about extra costs like that before joining!
Matt Kepnes' Refund Policy
It looks like there's a pretty solid 14-day refund policy for the course.
Personal Opinion On Superstar Blogging
It looks like Matthew Kepnes has been teaching travel blog stuff for a while now, and with all that experience, he's got to at least have a SOME knowledge of how to make money, right?
But that still doesn't mean that his program is the right one for you.
So, what should you look out for when looking for a course?
- Imagine yourself doing this for 20 years - still sound good?
- Listen to the guru's free content and see if you fit with their vibes
- Seek out student reviews to see what's going on there
Matt Kepnes might very well be the best travel blogger out there, but I'm still not a fan of the business model he runs.
But to be fair, here are 3 things I like about his style:
- He's got the experience to know he's likely not scamming anyone
- If you already have a big following on social media, this is easy money
- His course is pretty cheap
...and, on the other hand, 3 things I don't really like:
- Blogging AND affiliate marketing are ultra-oversaturated
- Takes a long time to see any profits
- If all you ever do is write blog posts, it might get old very fast
Is There A Superstar Blogging Scam Going On Here?
"Superstar Blogging scam" is something you might have seen when searching up Matt's course.
It might have even brought you here!
But does that mean his Superstar Blogging program is really a scam?
I think Matt's been in the game long enough to know whether or not he's scamming folks.
Remember, technically something is only a scam if someone takes your money and doesn't deliver the good or service you were promised. I think Superstar Blogging will give you what you're after - travel blog tips, and affiliate marketing advice.
I just don't think those are really good ideas to jump into these days, even if it's not technically a scam.
I have also heard some criticism that Matt and his coaches have seemed a little "checked out" lately, behaving a little rudely and being more disconnected than usual. This may have something to do with Matt being in the game TOO long.
After nearly 20 years, you have to wonder when Matt will move on to something fresh.
Speaking of something fresh, I think more and more people are realizing that affiliate marketing and blogging are becoming outdated in general.
I recommend moving onto something like Digital Leasing before everyone else gets the memo, and even the most localized lead generation operations might become saturated in time.
Instead of cramming into an elevator that's almost at the top floor, why not jump in on the ground level when there's still money to be made?
Imagine getting into Bitcoin before everyone else did! You could help local business owners in your community, while you just sit back and watch your bank account get bigger and bigger every day.
What's Inside Superstar Blogging?
Here's what Superstar Blogging promises to provide:
- Develop a strategy – Here is where you'll learn the whole Matt Kepnes story, with all kinds of lessons from his many years of living life in the travel blog world. His goal is to share the themes and principles from his journey so you can utilize them in your own work.
- Master the tech stuff – The behind-the-scenes stuff can be super important! Matt promises that his team will help turn even the most clueless rookie into a "tech whiz" with a bunch of tutorials to hold your hand the whole way.
- Create a lasting brand that people will remember – This one is all about standing out and capturing your readers. It's not too hard to get views and clicks, but it's another thing to get the read to stay and keep coming back for more.
- Write content people want to read and share – Sounds simple, but if it were that easy everyone would do it! Matt's team provides examples with steps to help you figure out who to write stories instead of just throwing words together.
- Rank high in search engines – One of the most important aspects about blogging today is ranking highly on search engine front pages. Matt in particular mentions how he ranks for over 500k keywords, and what his best advice is for outranking your rival blogs. I think this is interesting, because everyone in his course will be rivals of each other...
- Crush it on social media – A big social media following can make affiliate marketing so much easier, since you'll already be working with a built-in audience. Matt will provide "hacks", strategies, and templated scripts you can use to get an advantage on social media.
- Get press coverage – Ever seen those sections on gurus' websites (including Matt's) where it says something like "as seen on CNN, MSNBC, FOX" etc.? Well, it turns out there are ways that you can pay to have something written about you, and this is where Matt shows you the tricks of that trade.
- Grow your email list – If you have someone's email, you can sell them on a bunch of stuff. This is where Matt tells you his "hacks" on how to max out that email list.
- Make enough money to support yourself – The most attractive part of what Matt has to offer is his pitch that you can make money writing about traveling WHILE traveling! This is where he talks about all the ways you can do that, like affiliate marketing and consulting.
Conclusion Of My Matthew Kepnes Review
So, is Superstar Blogging worth your time?
Listen, if you're really obsessed with the idea of blogging about travel the rest of your life, then this is probably your guy.
But if you're really looking for some big money that'll let you travel the world without having to worry about money, then I'd look somewhere else. I know that Matt Kepnes has pulled it off, but he started all the way back in 2006!
There's just too many existing blogs for you to really disrupt that market.
And even if you wanted to desperately become an affiliate marketer, I'd point you to a more "high ticket" program where you can at least try for something with bigger bang for your buck.
Even then, I just hate the idea of waiting months for a paycheck.
Instead of latching onto these outdated methods of making money online, you gotta try Digital Leasing instead. People call it "evergreen" because it's recession-proof and is always gonna keep putting money in your pockets. You get paid faster, and there's less competition. What else can I say?
There's tons of opportunity here for you to go out and snag that financial freedom you're after, where you can actually spend more time with friends and family, and less time worrying about your future - because you'll be in control of it.
What's My #1 Way To Make Money In 2024?
After exploring various business models, I recommend Digital Leasing for beginners entering the online business world.
- Flexibility: Whether you have just an hour to spare or want to go full-time, Digital Leasing is tailored for "passive income" – more gains with less effort.
- Ownership and Control: Digital Leasing grants you outright ownership of assets, ensuring control and impressive profit margins ranging from 90-95%. With Matt Kepnes' program, you don’t really own anything. Your commission rates can change at any time, and you're stuck selling some inferior product.
With Digital Leasing (a passive income stream), you own all the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control. You'll have clients coming back to you, begging you for more leads!
- Low Startup Costs: You can begin with minimal upfront expenses with Digital Leasing. You might even start earning before spending a dime, and your initial property can go live for less than $100.
- Minimal Ongoing Expenses: Digital Leasing keeps it straightforward with minimal maintenance and expenses.
- Easy to Duplicate: Once your first digital property is up and running, doubling your income becomes a breeze – just a few clicks, keystrokes, and maybe a call away.
With Superstar Blogging, you'd have to grind out TWICE as many blog posts to double your chances, which can mean a lot more time and money investing into something that takes a long time to pay you back.
- Helping Real People: Digital Leasing extends beyond numbers, allowing you to support local businesses and make money while genuinely impacting people's lives.
The choice is yours. Keep exploring other options like Superstar Blogging, keep researching, or join a community of over 2,000 successful students living life on their terms with Digital Leasing.
Experience a steady, semi-passive income stream that doesn't demand constant attention.
Your success goes beyond numbers – it's about assisting real people who appreciate and happily pay for your services.
If consistent income, flexibility, and helping others align with your goals,click here to learn more about Digital Leasing.
#1 Business Recommendation
We each make around $10,000 per month with the help of this system.yes, show me more