Travel is a valuable affiliate niche. The sale of a whole holiday, or even a single airline ticket and/or hotel room, can be a significant transaction for you and your company. It is likely to make hundreds of dollars per sale even with a single-digit commission rate.
Competition in the travel industry is just as fierce as it is profitable. You must understand the best practices and networks for affiliate marketing before venturing out on your own.
The best affiliate programs for affiliate sales and profitable niches will also be presented.
Let’s evaluate the travel market and see how affiliates may make the most of the lucrative payouts.
In this Travel Affiliate Programs review, we’ll dive into the pros and cons of the program.
But before that, let’s ask ourselves: Is affiliate marketing even a worthwhile business model?
This Travel Affiliate Programs Review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
On the one hand, the promise is great…
You don’t have to create products, worry about fulfillment, customer service, or bad reviews.
Your only job is to get the right customers in front of the right offer, and take a commission when they buy.
And – theoretically – you can do it all in an hour a day from the beach.
Sounds simple, right?
Well, not really. Driving traffic (that’s internet speak for getting customers) is single-handedly the hardest part of the entire marketing process.
Later in this review, we’ll talk about all the different skills you need to drive traffic successfully.
For now, let’s just say the promise doesn’t really match up with reality.
At best, affiliate marketing is a job. You’re working for someone else, selling their products, and at any time, they can change your commission structure or block you from selling their stuff entirely.
In this business, you don’t really own or control anything. Since – for the most part – you’re driving traffic (again, the hardest job of all) and sending it to someone else, you don’t even get to keep the customers, who are the most valuable piece of the puzzle.
At worst, affiliate marketing is a pyramid scheme. There are certain – ahem – programs that charge you a monthly “membership fee”, under the guise that you will learn how to be a “wealthy affiliate marketers”.
Once you join, however, you find out the only way to really make money is by being an affiliate for that program.
That’s pretty much the textbook definition of a pyramid scheme.
Now, let’s say you really want that hour-a-day-work-from-the-beach lifestyle.
What if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours before seeing your first dollar
- Doing all the hard work of driving traffic to only get a tiny commission
- Running your business on someone else’s terms
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day testing, tweaking, and risking your money in the hope you can finally start making sales?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is like taking all the good parts from affiliate marketing (however few there are), and putting aside all the bad.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Travel Affiliate Programs, keep reading.
Affiliate Marketing And The Travel Niche
The travel industry is far larger than first appears. It’s not just about travel (though we’ll examine some networks and referral programs that focus on that) but also about lodgings, activities, and other accessories.
Travel bloggers, extreme sports lovers, and others who write about their favorite places all contribute to the affiliate marketing landscape in this sector.
In the travel industry, it’s easy to incorporate multiple offers onto a single website.
For example, if someone plans to travel, they’ll need somewhere to stay when they arrive. They’ll also have a few plans of their own. Using affiliate links, you may assist customers in accomplishing all of these things from your website.
You need to know where to begin, no matter what you decide to build your website on. Let’s look at how to identify the greatest travel-related affiliate items.
The Best Travel Affiliate Networks
General travel affiliate programs are beautiful places to start if your site is about travel in general. You can find various apps that match your site’s themes. You can also meet other affiliates.
The networks listed below feature some of the top affiliate programs for travel blogs and social media pages.
Travelpayouts is a travel affiliate network that offers approximately 100 different programs from Expedia, Hilton, and Tripadvisor. It is a favorite among travel bloggers because it offers vacation packages, hotel reservations, auto rentals, and flight reservations.
Since its launch, it has handled over $20 million in rewards. Affiliates can use widgets and WordPress plugins. Support is accessible in 60+ languages.
- Commission: This May vary depending on the program.
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, ePayments, Paypal,
- Travel Category: Flights, Hotels, Insurance, Car rental services, Tours, and activities
- Notes: Most requests are addressed within an hour or less.
CJ Affiliate is a global affiliate marketing network. It has hundreds of travel affiliate programs, including Expedia.
A vacation blogger, a deal website, and other significant players earn about $1.5 billion in commissions annually.
Custom APIs and detailed metrics help affiliates. They also have access to thousands of connected offerings.
- Commission: it varies.
- Cookie Duration: Cookieless tracking
- Payment Methods: Direct deposit, Payoneer, Check
- Travel Category: Booking
- Notes: More deals than almost all other networks.
TripAdvisor Affiliate Program
TripAdvisor has over a million bookable destinations. Their referral program allows you to promote their rooms and earn 50% of the brokerage fee paid by TripAdvisor’s hotel partners.
If you send TripAdvisor clicks, you can earn a flat commission. If you send more than 1000 clicks each month, you can expect to earn $550 affiliate Income. It’s on CJ Affiliate and AWIN.
- Commission: 50% commission fee earned by TripAdvisor
- Cookie Duration: 14-day referral window
- Payment Methods: Partner dependent
- Travel Category: Trips, Lodging
- Notes: Collect payments even without booking.
Expedia Affiliate Program
The program is presently hosted by Flexoffers. Qualified affiliate website owners can modify affiliate links, booking widgets, and search APIs.
- Commission: 2-6%
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, Check, Wire transfer, PayPal
- Travel Category: Car Rentals, Hotels, Airline Tickets
- Notes: Over a million properties to promote
ShareASale has been around for almost 20 years. It’s one of the world’s largest and greatest travel affiliate networks. You can link with over 15,000 merchants, including travel brands like Viator and Cotopaxi.
Affiliates get access to a custom-made affiliate link tool and automated performance reports.
- Commission: The merchant determines the commission rate for the offer
- Cookie Duration: 1 year
- Payment Methods: Direct deposit, Payoneer, Wire transfer,
- Travel Category: Attraction tickets, vacation rentals, tours,
- Notes: The oldest and most stable networks
Best Airline Affiliate Programs
Airline affiliate programs can be a terrific method to monetize a general travel blog or a destination-specific affiliate marketing site. Other popular affiliate schemes based on activity booking or accessories can be readily combined.
Skyscanner Affiliate Program
Skyscanner is a global travel website that compares airfare, vehicle rental, and hotel prices. Travel bloggers can earn a commission on each booking made through their travel sites through the travel affiliate program.
Affiliates can utilize travel search widgets, advertising, and custom links to attract traffic to Skyscanner. Applicants may be travel, blog, social media, or deal websites.
- Commission: Starting at 20% of Skyscanners income for each transaction
- Cookie Duration: 1 month
- Payment Methods: PayPal, Bank Transfer
- Travel Category: Hotels, Flights, Car Hire,
- Notes: Wide variety of permitted sites
Kayak Affiliate Program
Kayak is a travel search engine aggregating deals from hundreds of hotel, airline, and auto rental companies.
It receives around 200,000,000 monthly searches. It also offers a global audience with over 20 language support.
You’ll get tailored banners and affiliate links if you join this affiliate program.
- Commission: 50% of booking revenue, plus $.95 per click
- Cookie Duration: 30 minutes
- Payment Methods: WebMoney, Bank transfer, PayPal,
- Travel Category: Rental Cars, Flights, Hotels,
- Notes: Only purchases made in Spain, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Brazil are eligible for payment.
Best Hotel Affiliate Programs
Hotel affiliate programs are a wonderful method to monetize destination sites.
You can choose a specific region, like the Florida Keys or the Mediterranean. You can even target a particular hotel or resort.
Booking.com Affiliate Program
Booking.com processes over 1.5 million hotel reservations every day. Travel bloggers can earn income by persuading visitors to book accommodations, holiday rentals, and rail and ship cabins.
The Broke Backpacker’s Will Hatton had this to say about the program:
“Booking.com is the greatest affiliate program for hotels; it converts better than others.”
Joining the Booking.com affiliate program grants you access to a free partner portal with tracking and reporting capabilities.
- Commission: 25% of theincome earned by Booking.com
- Cookie Duration: Per Session only
- Payment Methods: Direct Deposit, Paypal
- Travel Category: Hotels, Trains, Rental Homes,
- Notes: Customizable widgets to show visitors specific properties
Agoda Affiliate Program
Agoda is a vacation rental website where consumers can book everything from hotels to resort homes and private villas. On the platform, you may book about a million properties. From New York 5 stars to Cancun resorts, it’s all here.
You can earn commissions by referring friends to book any of these rentals. Affiliates can access hotel data files, search box widgets, and bespoke banners.
- Commission: 5-25% commission based on bookings monthly
- Cookie Duration: 1-day
- Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, E-Card
- Travel Category: Hotels, Homes
- Notes: Support for 38 languages
Best Travel Tours Affiliate Programs
Travel tour affiliate programs are among the most lucrative. Tours frequently include numerous nights, services, or activities. Large transactions mean large commissions.
G Adventures is a travel tour service where customers may arrange small group adventures. From Istanbul to Iceland, you may book full-day adventures. Affiliates can earn money by referring visitors to 2-4 day packages.
The program is run by Commission Junction. Joining this travel affiliate program gives you access to the network’s resources, including tracking and real-time reporting apps.
- Commission: 6%
- Cookie Duration: 90 days
- Payment Methods: Direct deposit, Check, Payoneer
- Travel Category: Adventure tours
- Notes: Package-focused program means more significant transactions (average of $2400) for each booking
Viator is a worldwide activity booking portal. Subscribers can choose from full-day tours in New York or Chichen Itza.
Activities include sightseeing excursions, cultural tickets, and parasailing and snorkeling.
Affiliates can access a self-service dashboard to monitor information, evaluate performance, and track payments.
- Commission: 8% commissions on tours and activities
- Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, Payoneer, PayPal
- Travel Category: Tours, activities, food, & culture
- Notes: Global with support for more than 30 languages
Best Travel Insurance Affiliate Programs
Travel insurance affiliate programs pay you for referring customers to get insurance.
These tools work well on any travel blog. Customers are often persuaded to add insurance to subsequent orders because of the product’s inexpensive cost.
World Nomads is a travel insurance company serving independent travelers worldwide. Coverage includes equipment, 24/7 emergency medical and dental care, and unforeseen return flights.
Affiliates can promote insurance globally. This affiliate program offers global support with offices in the UK, Australia, Brazil, and the US.
- Commission: 10% for every referral
- Cookie Duration: 2 months or 60 days
- Payment Methods: PayPal, Bank Account
- Travel Category: Insurance
- Notes: Referral fees are uncapped.
Travelers and digital nomads can get worldwide medical insurance through SafetyWing. Unlike many other sorts of travel insurance, it is a subscription-based plan that covers passengers for months or even years.
You can earn commissions by advertising nomad insurance or remote health subscriptions. You get 10% commissions and a dedicated dashboard to track sales in either option.
- Commission: 10%
- Cookie Duration: less than a year
- Payment Methods: Paypal
- Travel Category: Nomad or Remote work insurance
- Notes: Facebook groups for affiliates allow you to learn from others and share ideas.
Best Luxury Travel Affiliate Programs
Luxury travel affiliate programs are very competitive, but they allow you to compete for orders with the highest average transaction values in the travel industry. Booking luxury lodgings or services ensures a hefty commission.
Boatbookings is a premium vacation site where users may book crewed yachts, catamarans, and even modern superyachts. Affiliates are compensated for each successful booking generated by their traffic.
Affiliates earn up to 20% of Boatbookings’ brokerage fees. These bookings can potentially exceed $100,000 (the cheapest crewed vessels start at around $20,000 per week).
- Commission: 20% of the brokerage cost received by Boatbookings
- Cookie Duration: 1 month
- Payment Methods: Bank Transfer
- Travel Category: Yachts
- Notes: 10% referrals from return customers
Sandals Resorts has several 5-star resorts in the Caribbean. The alternatives are in Jamaica, Antigua, Barbados, and other renowned vacation spots.
The affiliates can advertise bookings at all locations, plus wedding amenities and butler services. It’s part of the CJ Affiliate network.
- Commission: 4% referral commission
- Cookie Duration: 2 months or 60 days
- Payment Methods: Direct deposit, Payoneer, Check,
- Travel Category: Hotel bookings, amenities
- Notes: Because Sandals owns these services, the affiliate commission applies to the entire order.
Best Outdoor & Travel Accessory Affiliate Programs
Outdoor accessory affiliate programs are popular among affiliates because they may be combined with other types of travel affiliate programs currently active on your travel blog.
Promote travel pillows if you’re promoting flights. Promote hydration packs if you promote hiking. It’s simple to insert affiliate links into any content.
REI is a prominent outdoor retailer with a massive supply of hiking, snowboarding, skiing, and other sports gear. You can earn income on any of these sales through the affiliate program.
The Broke Backpacker’s Will Hatton likes large commissions. Says he
With hiking and travel gear, REI is worth three clicks to Amazon.
AvantLink manages the affiliate program. This network’s features help affiliates manage campaigns and track clicks and commissions.
- Commission: 5% on every purchases
- Cookie Duration: 1 month or 30 days
- Payment Methods: Direct Deposit, Check by Mail, PayPal,
- Travel Category: Adventure gears
- Notes: REI has an excellent reputation and dedicated customers that can help convert.
Osprey is an outdoor company known for its performance backpacks. Advertise daypacks, hydration accessories, wheeled travel luggage, ski packs, and organizing accessories.
AvantLink manages the Osprey affiliate program. Affiliates can use this network’s tracking and reporting features.
- Commission: 8% minimum commission
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Payment Methods: Direct Deposit, Check by Mail, PayPal,
- Travel Category: Backpacks, Hydration Gear
- Notes: Average order of $150+
Amazon Associates is the world’s most extensive retail affiliate program. Even though it isn’t commonly featured among the most exemplary travel affiliate programs, it deserves to be a profitable niche.
Aside from travel gear, you may advertise practically every product Amazon sells as an affiliate.
The site sells thousands of backpacks, wallets, and travel accessories.
Affiliates can customize affiliate links, banners, and API tools to showcase products directly on their websites.
- Commission: 3% for outdoor products
- Cookie Duration: 24 hours for standard cookies. Up to 90 days for in-cart items
- Payment Methods: Bank transfer, Gift card, or Checks
- Travel Category: Nearly all types of accessories, gadgets, and
- Notes: Bank transfer, Gift card, or Checks
Is Travel Affiliate Programs A SCAM?
So, is Travel Affiliate Programs a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but making money with affiliate marketing definitely isn’t as easy as the company makes it sound.
Driving traffic is extremely difficult. In order to do it successfully, you need to at least understand all these things, if not be a ninja at them:
- Google Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Content Writing
- Website Building
- Conversion Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Click Tracking
And a lot more.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – the actual commissions are pretty small.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is a $50 commission, it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you only needed 1 or 2 of the above skills to get started, instead of mastering all 12 before seeing your first dollar?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives To Travel Affiliate Programs?
Yes, there are plenty of Affiliate Marketing programs and resources to choose from if you want to pursue this business model. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With Affiliate Marketing, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own customers.
Look at the fine print for most affiliate agreements. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with affiliate marketing, you’d have to double your traffic, double the average order size of each customer, OR double your commission rate. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
5) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. With affiliate marketing, you’re selling the product with the best commission rate, NOT the one that’s going to improve the most people’s lives.
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Best Travel Affiliate Programs which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.