What is your current typing speed?
The ability to type fast is a skill you may have learned as a student or as an online game player. But did you know that you can actually make money from it?
Combine typing speed with good grammar and punctuation skills, and you’re good to go!
Before walking you through 3Play Media, here are some things you need to know first.
This 3play Media Review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Pros: What I Liked
You can choose what projects to work on.
You are just editing already existing transcriptions.
Cons: What I Didn't Like
Projects come on a first-come, first-served basis.
There may be no available projects sometimes.
The application process takes a long time.
This review will go over 3Play Media to see if it really is the best small business for people of at least 18 years old out there.
You’ll learn whether a small business is the right thing for you.
And at the end, you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding 3Play Media and small business in general.
But most importantly, you’ll see the exact system many others have used to build their own internet marketing business to over $40,000 a month in mostly passive income.
This system made them swear off small businesses for good, because it uses some of the same skills but in a much more powerful and profitable way!
What Is 3Play Media?
3Media Play is one of the many transcription companies out there. What sets it apart from others is its software: automatic speech recognition from audio and video files.
This being said, this company offers transcription editor jobs, and not necessarily transcription from audio or video file. In which you will be editing computer generated closed captioning.
Their customer ranges from education institutions, government agencies, media outlets, and more.
Who Founded 3PLay Media?
In 2007, four (4) Master of Information Technology (MIT) founded 3Play Media. Their innovative thinking led to the creation of this three-step closed captioning transcription company.
The perfect closed caption and audio description not only goes through computer processing but also through human touch.
Why Is It Called 3PLay Media?
Basically, 3Play Media works through three steps. Yes, just three steps! This is also the reason why this company is unique from all the transcription companies out there.
- Machine learning
- Automatic speech recognition from either an audio file or a video file.
- Human editing
How Does 3Play Media Work?
As mentioned above, 3Play Media works by combining machine learning, automatic speech recognition, and human editing.
Human transciptors are hired by 3Play Media to edit transcripts from computer-generated results by their automatic speech recognition software. Their task is to perfect the closed captioning, audio description, and live captioning gathered from an audio file and a video file.
Are You Qualified To Join 3PLay Media?
Interested so far?
Among the vast amount of interesting jobs online, is 3Play Media one of your choices? If yes, here are some eligibility requirements you must have to be able to join the company.
- At least 18 years old from the United States and has a US bank account.
- Has typing speed of 75 words per minute (wpm)
- Good grammar and punctuation skills (Either English or Spanish)
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and other general computer applications
- Knows the basics of internet research
- Must have internet access of at least 10mbps
Will Your Device Pass The Computer Requirements Upon Applying?
If you have met the eligibility requirement, you are probably wondering if you can now be part of the company. Hold tight; you still have computer requirements to think of!
You must also pass the computer requirements to become an English transcript editor or Spanish transcript editor, whichever you prefer. Here they are:
- You may opt to use Mac or Windows
- Your device must have a 2.0 GHz processor
- You must have at least 5GB disk storage space and at least 4GB RAM
- You must have 10mbps internet download speed and email access
If you think you are qualified and want to join the company, consider the pros and cons, which will be enumerated in the next part. It’s for you to decide completely, so you might want to continue reading to learn more.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of Joining 3Media Play?
I think the computer requirements are pretty easy to achieve as most computers have them. Yours may be one of them; you just have to make a few clicks to check!
Now, having passed the eligibility and computer requirements, here are the pros and cons of becoming a transcription editor you need to take into consideration.
What Are The Pros?
- Flexible schedule. You may choose what projects to work on: college lectures, TV shows, sports videos, and many more. You can also choose when you will work on them and how much work you are going to take. Sounds surreal because it can be.
- What is more appealing than earning from the comfort of your own home? Yes, you can work from home with 3Play Media.
- Indeed rated 4.3 Stars in terms of Work-Life Balance, according to 3Play Media reviews online.
- You can apply and take tests online. There, you will see a transcription box. You will be making transcription from a sample video as part of their requirements. Note that they have transcription guidelines, which you can access and read on their site.
- You will be trained first upon qualifying before taking actual transcription editing jobs. So you do not have to worry about that.
What Are The Cons?
- The application process is quite lengthy. Yes, you will have to dedicate some of your time. You will be taking five tests. Results take a while, and you cannot take the next test unless you pass the previous ones.
- Upon qualifying, transcription may be challenging because there can be a lot of errors and imperfections with the computer-generated results you are going to edit.
- Unlike other transcription companies, the learning curve is different here. Instead of transcription alone, you will be editing already existing transcriptions.
- When you can finally choose what projects to work on, it can be a tag of war. Projects work on a first-come, first-served basis.
How Much Money Will You Get?
How much will you earn? We all want to know that before applying for a job, especially now that there are a bunch of options online.
You may have the bank account required, and the learning curve is fine with you, but how about the salary? Brace yourself.
You can earn between $10 to $30 per hour, depending on your proficiency!
This includes your typing speed and the projects you will be taking. Of course, the harder the project is, the higher the pay is.
How To Join 3Play Media?
Now that you are aware of the pros, cons, and salary, I will be walking you through the process of application in case you have decided to give it a go.
- First, fill in the application form with the needed information on the company website. This includes email address, postal address, contact information, and of course, your name.
- Input your typing speed, transcription experiences before the application, and your computer’s operating system.
- Transcribe a sample video on the transcription box. The company will be evaluating your work. Do not forget to read their transcription guidelines before taking the test.
- You will be taking more tests but will have to wait for the results of the previous test to be able to take the next ones. This will take at least three weeks or more.
Should You Choose The 3Play Media Transcription Editor Job?
3Play Media may not be the easiest company or the hardest. I have provided all the necessary information above. From here on, it’s your task to weigh the pros and cons stated above.
The application process is not the easiest or toughest out there. You really have to think wisely.
Suppose you have the ability to type fast, grammar skills, and all the requirements. In that case, you still have to consider the salary 3PLay Media offers compared to other companies on the same line.
Is 3Play Media A Scam?
So, is 3Play Media a scam? Not technically.
It is entirely possible to build a profitable, successful small business… But there are better ways to build a business other than this.
Because unlike 3Play Media, it actually provides real proof of real success from real people as recently as a few days ago.
Are There Alternatives To 3Play Media?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue this making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation In Making Money From Home In 2022?
Our review team has come across a program in the real estate industry that is next level!
Although it’s not real estate in the traditional sense, it’s all digital.
Where 3Play Media falls short is in profitability.
You can’t realistically expect to be able to make any REAL passive income when you’re just going over mindset. There’s no action there.
But what if you leverage it?
With this digital real estate program, you can have the ability to completely walk away from manual labor!
Sound too good to be true? Of course it does! But it isn’t…in fact, business owners wish they had this skill!
All you have to do is build and rank a website and forward the jobs off to a business owner in town, you could even email it to them!
This works for literally any service based business, tree service, plumbing, towing, etc.
How do you get paid and how much?
Simple, after you forward the jobs off to a business owner and he makes some money off of them, you simply ask to make the deal beneficial for each other.
A fair price to charge per lead, depending on the industry is 10-20%…let’s just use the tree service industry for example and go by worst case scenario.
Let’s say you build and rank the site and only 20 jobs a month come in. The average tree service job is anywhere from $500-$2000!
That means at bare minimum you have an asset worth $1000 a month!
See why they call it digital real estate now? That’s a rent payment.
The great thing is how easy it is to scale. You don’t have to answer the phone…all you have to do is get the phone to ring.
Remember 3Play Media and all the small profit margins?
This one actually allows you to collect that without working in a brick and mortar business all day. Truly passive income!
The training program takes making money online to a whole other level. The owner of the program walks you through how to build and rank a site hand in hand, with the occasional voice over when he is sharing his screen.
You will learn the importance of keywords, website name, how to send call notifications via email, backlinking, etc.
Once the training program is completed you will also have access to a Facebook group where you can ask questions and be in a community with others on the same journey as you.
Unlike 3Play Media, where you have to keep trading your time for money over and over…. You can finally get on the financially free side of life. A business will always want more leads and another job. In fact it doesn’t even matter that the job isn’t coming from their website name…they see it as it is…expanding digital real estate.
Unlike 3Play Media, more people have been able to become financially free as well.
Digital real estate allows you to have passive income with most of your day being spent OUT of the brick and mortar landscape.
Now, I know you probably have tons of questions… So, check this out to learn more.PRO