WP Engine: Introduction
It can be time-saving to outsource tedious IT tasks when running a business or managing a project.
WP Engine, a managed WordPress hosting provider, understands this concept. It keeps your site safe and increases speed.
You’ll get extra features at no additional cost and are not offered by most hosting providers. This includes automatic plugin upgrades and daily backups.
WP Engine can do many other technical tasks, leaving you free to concentrate on creating quality content or enhancing targeted promotions in your small business.
This review will go over WP Engine to see if it really is the best managed WordPress host out there.
Now, I do want to be totally honest in this review, so…
This WP Engine review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Pros: What I Liked
60-day money-back guarantee
Easy site migration
Unlimited data transfers
Cons: What I Didn't Like
Does not offer traditional hosting services
Does not offer CDN integration on all plans
Table of Contents
And at the end, I’ll answer some of the most often asked questions regarding WP Engine and WordPress hosting in general.
But most importantly, you’ll see the exact step-bey-step system that many others have used to grow their own successful online business to more than $40,000 a month in passive income.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of WP Engine?
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Site staging is an option.
- Automated site transfer plugin makes moving your WordPress site to WPEngine servers easy.
- Automatic daily backups and plugin updates.
- All hosting plans include malware scanning and firewall security.
- Unlimited data transfers monthly
- Traditional hosting services are not offered. Therefore, you won’t be able to register for a domain name and upload your Linux or Windows-based site.
- Each hosting plan includes storage and traffic caps.
- CDN integration is only available for Premium and Enterprise plans. WPEngine’s lower-tier hosting plans give you the freedom to select your own content delivery network.
What Makes WP Engine Stand Out?
WP Engine‘s ability to offer staging for all plans is one of its most vital selling points.
This feature offers key benefits for small business owners, project website owners, and freelance service sites. It’s worth taking a closer look.
What Is Website Staging?
You can use a staging website to create a replica or clone your website. This lets you test plugins, themes, or custom code before publishing the final changes.
Web Staging allows you to preview changes before they become live. The staging site is available for you to interact with and test out new website ideas.
You can correct any mistakes before they reach potential clients and customers. This can help companies avoid embarrassment and a failed launch.
WP Engine allows for “one-click staging.” You only have to click a button within the control panel to create your staging website instantly.
To get started, just click the “Staging” tab on the website.
Hosting a WordPress website can be done with many different shared hosting options. WP Engine’s WordPress-specific hosting has many key benefits.
Here are some benefits of WordPress-specific Hosting for your business.
- Security: WordPress security vulnerabilities are quickly addressed.
- Speed: Scaling can take up to 10x longer.
- Support: WordPress – specific support options
- Resources: WordPress-specific utilities
- A Staging Environment: Spot mistakes before any of your customers do.
WP Engine Is A Premium Managed Hosting Service That Promises:
- Outstanding speed
- Powerful security system
- Best-in-class customer service
This managed hosting will provide a WordPress website with the best possible experience.
WP Engine Delivers Innovation-Driven Technology That:
- Provides security to your WordPress site
- Optimizes settings of the server for faster load times
- Performs backups daily, and
- Updates your WP plugins automatically
They offer site migration and daily backups free of charge, CDN (content delivery networks) integration, a staging area, a built-in SSL certificate or third party supported SSL certificate and lots more. Additionally, they offer quite a generous 60-day money-back guarantee.
WP Engine’s lowest-priced managed WordPress hosting package is $35 per month.
WP Engine Hosting Types
WP Engine provides three hosting plans and the option for a customized plan. Each hosting plan has many WordPress installations, storage, and traffic capacity.
- For example, the Startup Plan supports one WordPress site with 10 GB storage and can handle 25,000 monthly visitors.
- You get up to 10 WordPress websites on the Growth managed host plan. This plan includes 20 GB of storage and support to 100,000 monthly visitors.
- Scale can host 30 or more WordPress sites and gives you 30 GB of storage. This is the best option if your site gets between 100,000 and 400,000 visits each month.
- WP Engine offers premium and enterprise plans for websites with high traffic. Both the Enterprise and Premium plans use dedicated servers. They can be used to handle millions of monthly visitors. Additionally, they can manage more than 150 WordPress installs. For both plans, storage ranges from 100 GB to 1TB.
You can also get launch readiness assessments and account management on the WP Engine-managed WordPress hosting plans.
WP Engine hosts half a million websites.
WP Engine-managed WordPress hosting packages come with many standard features. Unlimited data transfer is an example of a standard feature.
WP Engine’s proprietary EverCache technology eliminates the need to install third-party cache plugins.
WP Engine Plans And Prices
WP Engine offers managed WordPress hosting. There are many options available to meet the needs of every website. Below is a rundown of their plans and the current price list. WP Engine is the best place to find the most recent and up-to-date prices.
Note: WP Engine users receive the Genesis Framework & StudioPress themes for free. (That’s worth more than $2,000!)
Features Included With WP Engine Hosting Plan
Managed WordPress hosting is a great way to save time and avoid technical headaches.
Check out these WP Engine benefits for small businesses with WordPress sites or those looking to build one.
- A platform that scales with your traffic
- All plugin and core update requests are taken care of by the WP Engine team.
- Reliable architecture providing 99% uptime
- Onboarding support directly available
- An assessment of launch readiness for any new site you are creating
- Helps you resolve any issues
- WP Engine resources to assist you in improving your search engine optimization (SEO), bounce and conversion rates.
- A concierge service connects you with theme developers, website designers, and marketing agencies.
- A partnership between Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. WPE has optimized both WordPress. Your benefit: Top-notch Website speeds
- Actionable data to improve your results
- Live chat responses in less than three minutes on average.
Who Is WP Engine Hosting For?
This quick overview shows a summary of what WP Engine offers three customer segments: small business owners, web developers, and WordPress users in general
“WP Engine scored highest in the area of cloud capabilities.”— Gartner Magic Quadrant Report, Web Content Management Systems category, 2018
Benefits Of Using Website Staging
Let’s examine the benefits of setting up a staging space for your company. These include the following:
- Your business will benefit from better websites, site modifications, and product launches.
- You can spot any errors before they go live.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It can be done online or locally.
- You can reduce disruptions by updating regularly.
Produce Better Websites For Your Small Business
Your website can be one of your most valuable assets. It’s the first thing anyone who visits your website will see. Staging allows you to edit content before it goes live. It will enable you to test and improve a website for your company and give you time and space. It can also allow for a seamless product launch.
WP Engine‘s Managed WordPress Plans come with the Genesis Framework and 35+ StudioPress Themes at no additional cost.
Spot Errors Before They Go Live.
The staging function can also detect errors in your webpage before potential customers and the general public.
It’s Easy To Set Up.
A staging site is extremely easy to set up and generally can be set up within a matter of minutes. WP Engine offers one-click staging to customers.
Can Be Set Up Locally Or Online.
A staging site can be set up in minutes and is easy to use. WP Engine gives customers one-click access to staging.
Minimize Disruptions When Updates Are Carried Out.
A staging server can be set up online to allow you to access it from your local machine or via a hosted server.
This flexibility allows you the freedom to configure your staging site to fit your company’s needs and requirements.
Let’s examine the key features of WP Engine.
Site Staging: The Best Way To Test Changes To Your Site
WPEngine web host allows site staging at every hosting plan. This contrasts with SiteGround and Pagely, in which hosts offer site staging only to higher-tier accounts.
Site staging allows the creation of a clone or copy of your current site. This will enable you to make tweaks to the layout, test new themes, plugins and apply them to your website.
WP Engine does NOT offer InMotion or traditional web hosting. It is, therefore, not possible to upload your Windows/Linux non-WordPress site. The advantage is that WordPress comes pre-installed, so no additional plugs are required.
How Do I Migrate My Website To WP Engine?
You can quickly move any WordPress website you already have to WPEngine servers without extra cost.
WP Engine’s website has an entire section that walks you through the migration process step-by-step by step using videos, simple instructions, snapshots, and other information.
Even better, they have a Migration Plugin that automates all of it.
WP Engine offers a 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee on all its hosting plans.
Once you’re in the WP Engine portal, you will find a Migration Checklist. This allows for guided navigation throughout the entire process.
You have the option to contact support for one-on-one assistance and to have your WordPress site transferred.
WP Engine presents a clear case for small business benefits on its website.
How Is WP Engine Performance And Uptime?
WP Engine delivers your content pretty quickly to your users, regardless of whether it’s a blog, an online store, or a professional website.
Will My Site Load Quickly?
The EverCache system, a WordPress-specific optimization tool, optimizes page loading to ensure site speed.
Yes, You’ll Get A CDN.
All WP Engine plans include a global CDN (content delivery network). CDN speeds up site loading for customers from all over the world. In addition, it delivers your site to its nearest network node.
WP Engine enjoys a 99.9% uptime due to its network infrastructure.
They also operate three data centers in Tokyo and London.
This will allow you to have faster website speeds by choosing servers closer to your target audience.
WP Engine stops malicious attacks on your website.
How Does WP Engine Keep Your Site Secure?
Sucuri, an internet security firm, claims that WordPress sites account for approximately 78% percent of all compromised sites. Plugins that haven’t been updated are frequently the reason for “open doors.”
WP Engine‘s managed WordPress web hosting service has a strong reputation for protecting websites.
WordPress sites are protected with several precautions by the company:
- WP Engine performs daily malware/virus scanning in partnership with Avec Sucuri.
- They keep an updated firewall up to date to block any new threats.
- All plans include automated SSL certificates. If you wish to import SSL certificates, you can do that with any plan above the Startup.
- All sites have daily backups.
- It is easy to use a one-click function to restore your website in the event of an attack.
- WP Engine provides tips on how to prevent your WordPress site from being hacked.
- Technical support can address all security queries 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- They also provide webinars regarding security.
- They offer security guidelines and checklists to engineers and developers.
- WPE will clean your site for no charge if it has been hacked.
How Is WP Engine Help And Support?
WP Engine’s Support Team:
WP Engine’s Support Team offers extensive support documentation online to help you understand the platform.
WP Engine provides webinars and guides, blog posts, and updates. There are also tutorials and a knowledge base. These guides will help you to:
- Launch your first site
- Common problems are easy to fix.
- Make improvements to your website.
- Manage your hosting account with more efficiency
It’s literally like having an army of WordPress experts on your side. — Syed Balkhi of WP Beginner
This support documentation is invaluable for both new and experienced WordPress website users.
How To Get Direct Customer Support
Live chat service is available from 6:30 am to 8:45 pm CT if you need instant support.
Telephone: WP Engine maintains a toll-free telephone number and is operational between 9 and 6 CST during business hours.
Email: Email support is available 24 hours a day.
Why Is WP Engine’s Customer Support Different?
WPEngine‘s support staff are WordPress experts and can provide WordPress-specific assistance for your business.
This makes WP Engine stand out from GoDaddy and other providers who don’t offer WordPress-specific help.
Benefits Of WordPress-Specific Support
Here are some benefits for small businesses that may benefit from having a WordPress-certified support team.
- Installing updates
- Configure the plugin
- Plugin compatibility problems
- WordPress page loading issues
- WordPress Page Speed Problems
WP Engine’s 60-Day Guarantee
WP Engine‘s advantage over their competitors is that they are the only hosting company that offers a 60-day money-back guarantee on all subscription fees.
You can try the service at no risk.
However, this is not available for custom hosting plans.
How Does The Guarantee Work?
You can easily reclaim your subscription fees if WP Engine proves to be not the right solution for your business.
These are the steps:
- Download the backups.
- Log in to the User Portal.
- Click on the ‘My Account’ button.
- Click on the Cancel Account button.
- Select a reason for cancellation and add a comment.
- Your account is now canceled.
First, backups must be downloaded for all the installations that have been made to your account. Then, for each install, visit the backups section. Finally, the download feature, which includes the entire installation’s database, can be found there.
Login To User Portal
Log in to the User Portal from there using your regular login username. Only proceed if you’re the account owner.
The Cancellation Process
Click on “My Account,” then click “Cancel Account.” Note that this can only be done by the account owner.
You can now select the reason to cancel and add any comments or suggestions into the suggestion field.
Your account is canceled at this point. As part of the 60-day guarantee, you will get a refund for your subscription fees.
Can You Make Money With WP Engine?
Yes, You can!
In fact, WP Engine has an Affiliate Marketing program that pays you a commission for every plan you set up.
There’s a lot that comes along with affiliate marketing that many people struggle with.
In fact, check out these Top 5 Reason Why Affiliate Marketers Fail.
Now, don’t get the wrong idea…
It’s not impossible to make money with affiliate marketing, but if you’re gonna put in the amount of grueling work to do this business (which, trust us, isn’t easy), you might as well bring in some REAL money while you’re learning the ropes.
The program that helped skyrocket many online businesses to over $40,000+ per month is so simple that making money really is like riding a bike.
What Are Some Good Alternatives To WP Engine?
WP Engine, like all companies, has pros and cons. WP Engine isn’t the only one. SiteGround, Kinsta, Pagely, and Flywheel are some of the alternatives plus the following:
The WP Engine platform is a managed WordPress hosting service that offers basic and some additional features like site staging, GeoIP-based content loading, and strategic account management.
The company’s visitor- and data caps and the absence of traditional hosting services, such as email domains, keep it focused on WordPress. WordPress is their specialty.
WP Engine offers a more robust hosting experience than any other shared host. WP Engine can be a good choice for a more powerful WordPress experience.
What Is Our #1 Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With Affiliate Marketing, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own customers.
Look at the fine print for most affiliate agreements. At any point, the company can change your commission structure, reduce your profit margins, or kick you out entirely.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with affiliate marketing, you’d have to double your traffic, double the average order size of each customer, OR double your commission rate. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
5) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. With affiliate marketing, you’re selling the product with the best commission rate, NOT the one that’s going to improve the most people’s lives.
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like WP Engine which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.