Wholesale Underground Review (Updated 2024): Is Marvin Leonard Legit?
Introduction To Wholesale Underground Review
Welcome to my review of the Wholesale Underground Program! If you're here, chances are you discovered the opportunity to join Wholesale Underground in one of these ways:
You stumbled upon an ad from Marvin Leonard while browsing on YouTube or Facebook, promoting their Amazon FBA program.
During your research on another business model or program, you came across the Wholesale Underground program and this review.
You heard about Wholesale Underground elsewhere and thought it could be a cool way to kickstart your own business.
No matter how you found your way here, don't worry!
In the next few minutes, I'll dive into their system and address some crucial questions. By the end of your read, my goal is to help you answer:
- Is Amazon FBA worth your time?
- Who is Marvin Leonard, and can he be trusted?
- Is the Wholesale Underground training a worthwhile investment, and what is the actual cost?
- Let's tackle the age-old question: "Is there a Wholesale Underground scam?"
- What does their paid membership area actually offer?
- Lastly, what are the best alternatives to Wholesale Underground?
As someone with extensive experience in reviewing programs like Wholesale Underground here at ScamRisk, I'm positioned to provide insights based on real experiences.
I've scoured the internet for every available public review, making this article your one-stop-shop for all things related to "Wholesale Underground reviews."
Spending a few minutes here could save you thousands of dollars and months of wasted time, so let's jump in.
Without further delay, here's the list of pros and cons:
This Wholesale Underground review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
- The course covers every step to kickstart your journey into the Amazon FBA wholesale business model, which means you get comprehensive learning.
- You can reach out directly to Marvin through the Facebook group, so you can get feedback right away.
- Marvin guides you on selling your products on platforms beyond Amazon, so you can scale your business easily.
- The course lacks sufficient examples illustrating how to conduct effective product research, which means you may need to do your own trial and error.
- With each passing year, paid traffic is becoming more expensive, making it trickier to generate wholesale orders.
- Amazon wholesale isn't cheap, which means you need to shell out around $5k-15k to get started.
Why Listen To UsMy name is Josiah, and this is my Dad, Joel.
Together, we make up the team here at Scamrisk.
If you’ll let me bother you for two minutes, I’d like to quickly explain why I’m even here writing this review.
In early 2020, I had just graduated from college & had no real career prospects.
I knew I was destined for something more, but I had no clue how I was going to make it happen.
I had this sinking feeling in my gut all the time… like the “big man upstairs” had accidentally given me the version of life where I’d be mediocre forever, instead of the one where I was, ya know – happy & fulfilled.
I had fiddled around with some different online businesses in college:
Some random MLMs, a bit of affiliate marketing, a (failed) dropshipping store or two, all the usual suspects.
Even my dad had been involved in MLMs back in the day… selling knives & other random nonsense people (probably) didn’t need.
All I really wanted was to find something that was going to actually work for me.
Maybe those things had worked for others, but for me it all turned up a fat “0” in the bank account department.
So I searched! And searched… and searched… and searched…
And eventually, I somehow stumbled upon a program that promised to help me build an income online (read about it here if you’re curious).
I didn’t really want to be “rich”.
The thought of making a reliable $5K per month & not having to worry about clocking in to a 9-to-5 ever again was all I needed.
Sure, there were people in the program doing high-6 and low-7 figures per year… but that wasn’t what I was out for.
I just wanted to provide freedom for myself, and if I was lucky, take my family along for the ride.
Fast forward a few days and a few phone calls & I was enrolled!
Here’s the first “money making website” I put up:
I built that site in 2020, and it still makes me $1,500 per month. It’s a basic 5 page website I built based on a template the program provides.
The best part to me? My dad and I get to do it all together!
So between the:
Is why I recommend local lead generation as my #1 business model for making money online.
Sure, it takes some work and dedication – but anyone that tells you that there’s a business out there that requires no work is selling you a lemon.
I’m not saying you need to sign up for the same program I did, but I would definitely recommend giving the business model a peek!
TLDR - What’s The Verdict On Marvin Leonard's Wholesale Underground
For those who prefer a quick overview, let's cut to the chase. Should you invest in the Wholesale Underground program or not?
No, I don't think it's a good idea to jump into Wholesale Underground.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Marvin Leonard is out there to scam you with his program. What I'm saying is, Amazon wholesale may not be the best route in making money online today.
Amazon wholesale is like a high-stakes poker. Joining the game demands a large upfront investment. The pursuit of profitable products is your strategic move, and each product launch is a calculated bet.
As you navigate through the rounds, the poker table becomes crowded with players. The presence of thousands of sellers makes the competition fierce.
Securing the Buy Box is like winning a critical hand, requiring a strategic play to outwit competitors. Then the game's intensity heightens with the rising costs of paid traffic.
No matter how carefully and strategically you play your cards, everything is still a gamble.
If you win, you win big time, But if you lose, everything will go to waste.
It's your call. But as for me, I'd rather invest my time and money into a program that would bring steady income without that much risk.
If you want to know what works for me, click here.
Who Benefits From Wholesale Underground And Who Should Stay Away?
The goal of this Wholesale Underground review? To help you decide if it's the right fit for you.
Now, if any of these pertains to you, Wholesale Underground could be a good fit:
- You already have an Amazon FBA store and want to try wholesaling.
- You've got extra money to spare and want to explore an online business like Amazon wholesale.
The program might not be for you if:
- You want to verify the program's reputation by looking at feedback from the public. Wholesale Underground lacks ratings on Trustpilot or BBB.
- You prefer to avoid strong competition. With 9.7 million sellers on Amazon worldwide, standing out can be tough, often requiring strategic marketing or paid ads.
- You're seeking substantial profit margins. Amazon imposes different fees like storage, fulfillment, and referral fees, which can cut your profits, especially for lower-priced items.
Wholesale Underground Review: 1,000 FT View Of This Online Business Opportunity
|35-day action-based refund policy
Wholesale Underground operates under the eCommerce business model, specifically Amazon FBA wholesale.
Here's a quick FAQ about Amazon wholesaling:
How does Amazon wholesale work?
Amazon wholesale works like this. You buy products from a maker at lower prices and then sell them on Amazon at higher prices to make a profit.
How much do Amazon wholesalers make?
How much money Amazon wholesalers earn relies on what they sell. Plus, the cost of their products, advertising expenses, and the number of people purchasing from them. Amazon wholesalers see an average profit margin of approximately 15%-20%.
Is LLC required for Amazon wholesale?
No, you don't need an LLC for Amazon wholesale.
Why do sellers leave Amazon?
Sellers leave Amazon for different reasons. It can be expensive to start, and some don't see quick profits. They might struggle with understanding the rules, finding profitable products, underestimating the workload, or lacking patience with the business model.
Can you start Amazon FBA with no money?
Starting Amazon FBA without money isn't possible. You need some funds for things like inventory, Amazon Seller fees, and ads.
Which tool is best for Amazon wholesale?
Helium 10, AMZScout, ZonGuru, and JungleScout are some of the most popular tools to help you run your Amazon business smoothly.
That said, if you still want to be an Amazon seller, here are some of the best Amazon FBA courses and gurus out there: Rainmaker Challenge, Sophie Howard, Tom Wang's Amazon FBA Masterclass, and Wholesale Profits.
About The Guru - Marvin Leonard
Marvin Leonard is an online entrepreneur. He faced challenges growing up due to limited family finances, with parents who immigrated from Mexico. After high school, he went to community college without a clear plan. Later, at 21, he joined the police academy while in college.
He climbed the ranks, becoming a detective, earning $80K a year with job security. Despite the perks, the overtime left him feeling drained. A video by Graham Stephan on passive income inspired Marvin to seek change.
Consuming business content, he quit his detective job on April 30, 2018. He then entered the world of wholesale. Motivated to provide for his wife and newborn, Marvin hasn't looked back.
Today, he's a successful entrepreneur earning over 6-figures on Amazon. Marvin's Wholesale Underground YouTube channel boasts 17.2K subscribers.
|# of Followers
How Much Does Wholesale Underground Cost?
The price for joining the Wholesale Underground is $997.
If you've been following my journey on ScamRisk, you know I've explored various programs. This includes Wholesale Underground. My insights stem from firsthand experience with Wholesale Underground.
Here's the deal. Platforms like Reddit and Trustpilot often swarm with negative comments, typically from those with complaints. But just because someone had a bad experience doesn't mean the course is a scam.
To filter through the noise, consider these points:
- Check the Guru's Real-World Experience: Does Marvin Leonard have genuine experience in the Amazon FBA game?
- Look for Support and Coaching: A solid support system, like a private Facebook group, is crucial in navigating the challenges of business.
- Consider What You Get for Your Money: It's not just about the price tag; assess the value in terms of videos, templates, and bonuses.
- Check for Transparency: Is the course upfront about costs, upsells, and extras?
- Look at the Financial Success Stories: Pay attention to public testimonials, but remember, not every story may provide the full picture.
My Recommendation On Wholesale Underground
Now, let's apply those criteria to Wholesale Underground.
Here's the positive side:
- If you invest effort and stay committed, there's a good chance you'll recoup your investment.
- While their Amazon wholesale setup may be challenging, it's achievable.
- Marvin's real-world experience adds a positive aspect.
- The presence of a private Facebook group is also a plus.
Now, here are the top reasons why I don't recommend Wholesale Underground:
- High Competition: Amazon has over 3,700 new sellers joining daily. The competition is fierce here. Bidding wars for the Buy Box, essential for sales, often lead to price drops. This results in financial losses for sellers. This heightened competition also increases the time and money spent perfecting ad strategies.
- Up-Front Costs: Amazon wholesale demands a significant upfront investment. This ranges from $5,000 to $15,000. These costs include initial inventory and test orders from multiple suppliers. You also need to spend on Amazon seller fees and advertising. Profits may take months to over a year to materialize.
- Time-Consuming Product Research: Constantly seeking the next profitable product is a time-consuming aspect of the whole Amazon wholesale formula. Products may have short-lived success, and ad fatigue sets in. So, the need for continuous research for new potential winners arises. This unpredictability makes it challenging to achieve a consistent monthly income.
- Expensive Paid Traffic: Ad costs on social media platforms are on the rise each year. Increased competition is driving up the costs. This makes it more challenging for sellers to maintain profitable advertising strategies.
- Risk of Excess Inventory: Failure to generate sales may leave sellers stuck with excess inventory. The options then are to sell at breakeven or at a loss, introducing a significant risk to the business.
Want an alternative that doesn't require inventory and paid ads? Check here.
What’s Inside Wholesale Underground
Here's what you get in Wholesale Underground:
Chapter 1: The Essentials
- Introduction to the course
- Guidance on starting your own business
- Necessary documents for international product selling
- Navigation in your Wholesale seller account
- Breakdown of key terms in the business model
Chapter 2: Without a Strong Foundation, Your Empire Will Fall
- Explanation of the 'Buy Box' and strategies to win it
- Best practices for product pricing
- Recommended tools for running your wholesale business efficiently
- Tips on saving money and cutting down research time
Chapter 3: Everything You Need to Know About Suppliers
- Understanding authorized suppliers
- Questions to ask while vetting suppliers
- List of best suppliers and how to connect with them
- Products to avoid and why
- Insights into top-selling Amazon categories, including how to sell brand name products
Chapter 4: Relationships & Ungating
- Importance of maintaining contact with suppliers
- Strategies to avoid being gated by certain Amazon categories
Chapter 5: Payments & Shipments
- Placing and paying for your first order
- Small parcel delivery (SPD) guidance
- Creating SPD and LTL shipments
- Understanding LTL shipments
- Third-party prep companies consideration
- Bundle creation tips
- Managing inventory shipments to one or multiple warehouses
Chapter 6: Extra Knowledge Bombs
- Expanding product listings to more platforms (Etsy, Craigslist, Bonanza, eBid)
- Strategies for reviews and using online services like FeedbackFive by eCom Engine
- Training on hiring virtual assistants, their potential costs, and automation tips
- The Master of Money (Tips to Boost Your Profits)
- How to ungate yourself in the Grocery and Gourmet categories
- How to ungate yourself in the Toys category
No. I don't recommend buying Wholesale Underground.
Making money on Amazon, even with brand-name products, is not as straightforward as it used to be five years ago. The startup costs are high, and finding a profitable product can take months.
Once found, creating ads to generate traffic and sales becomes a complex process involving trial and error. The first ads may not yield desired results, requiring constant tweaking and testing. Even with sales, profit margins remain low.
It's an expensive and time-consuming endeavor.
I don't know about you, but it's a bit too much for me. All for those slim profit margins.
If you're seeking a simpler online business, one that skips the hassles of product-selling, consider digital leasing.
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2024?
I have spent years researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Leasing is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: Finding profitable products on Amazon involves thorough research. You need to identify products with demand, low competition, and decent profit margins. This process can be time-consuming as it requires analyzing market trends, customer reviews, and competitor strategies.
And this is just one aspect of Amazon wholesale! Amazon wholesale demands continuous dedication and involvement in various aspects of the business. This makes it a real time sucker for those who may prefer a more hands-off or less time-intensive business model.
Enter Digital Leasing...
Got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Leasing business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With Amazon wholesale accounts, you lack control and real ownership as you operate within Amazon's rules. You don't have direct access to customer data. You have limited influence over branding.
You rely on Amazon's infrastructure and algorithms. Everyday, you are exposed to the risk of wholesale account suspension and restricted control over crucial business elements.
You don’t own the sales platform, you don’t own a brand, and you don’t own the customers.
Not to mention, Amazon can literally shut you down at any time if they believe you’ve violated their constantly changing terms of service.
So you’re building a business that could be completely taken away from you in the blink of an eye.
With Digital Leasing, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: Having your own wholesale business requires a substantial investment. This ranges from $5,000 to $15,000. It covers initial inventory purchases, test orders from multiple suppliers, Amazon seller fees, ads, and extra expenses.
These significant startup costs can delay profits for several months to over a year. This is not ideal especially if you're looking for a business to quit your 9-5.
But...did you know it’s possible to get into Digital Leasing with zero dollars upfront? Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket...even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Spending 4-5 hours a day prepping and packing products to send to Amazon is a huge time commitment.
Plus, you constantly need to be buying new products if you want to maintain your business. You need to spend even more money if you want to scale up.
With physical products, you’ll always have limits on your time and freedom.
With Digital Leasing, a 100% online business, you never have to worry about that.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with Amazon FBA, you’d have to double your inventory OR your profit margins. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. Amazon FBA is a decent way to make yourself money, but it doesn’t improve anyone else’s lives.
After all, there’s always someone else selling rubber spatulas and umbrellas. That might be fine in the short term, but in the long run you may feel like you’re missing a purpose.
With Digital Leasing though, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem.
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Leasing, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either...a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Leasing makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Wholesale Underground which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Leasing.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Leasing.
#1 Business Recommendation
We each make around $10,000 per month with the help of this system.yes, show me more