What Is Transcribe Anywhere ?
Transcribe Anywhere is a well-known training program about online transcription that provides two comprehensive courses: general transcription and legal transcription. With this course, you don’t need to be a fast or accurate typist to qualify. Even a newbie can definitely enroll.
These were developed by a woman who has been in the industry for a number of years and owns her own transcription company.
And because her transcription business has been successful, she wanted others to experience the same success as she did by sharing her knowledge and expertise with those interested in pursuing a career in this field.
If you’re unfamiliar with transcription, it’s the process of translating spoken words into written language. It’s versatile work with the ability to make far more than $20.00 per hour.
The fact that learning transcription can be a quick and easy process where you can instantly earn from it, is what attracts people to this work.
However, in order to be a competent transcriber and regularly getting high-paying jobs, you must fully comprehend all of the strategies and skills needed to be proficient.
This is where Transcribe Anywhere steps in.
Janet provides a mini course on both General Transcription and Legal Transcription. These aren’t really transcription courses but an overview to give you a general idea of the industry.
What Transcribe Anywhere Isn’t
Transcribe Everywhere IS NOT a staffing agency. You need to put in the effort of looking for paying clients.
No need to be too concerned about this because there is a Facebook group where you can find paid work. Furthermore, the course training would provide you with the skills and confidence to look for jobs on social media and freelance sites.
Who Is Your Instructor – Janet Shaughnessy?
In 2007, Janet began her career as a medical transcriptionist. She eventually expanded into general and legal transcription. After her husband became ill, Janet was “forced” to become a transcriptionist as a way to be around her husband so she could take care of him more.
Janet thinks that there is little money to make with medical transcription. That is why she designed her course around general and legal transcriptions only.
While running her own Zoom Transcription Services, she realized that there was a grave lack of skilled transcribers. And that she was wasting too much time teaching both young and seasoned transcribers how to properly do it.
Instead of her spending time to train them, she thought that a transcription training program would be a much more efficient route. And so, Transcriber Anywhere was developed out of this need.
The first and original course, General Transcription Training: The Zoom Method, was available on DVD. Eventually, courses in legal and medical transcription were included and can be downloaded.
In 2016, the Transcribe Anywhere courses were created, which offered even more interactive and comprehensive training.
The Syllabus For The General Transcription Course:
- Module 1: The foundation of transcription which includes the right equipment and the general transcription style, formatting and jobs
- Module 2: Essential skills for excellent transcription which includes critical thinking, spelling, and punctuation
- Module 3: Time-saving tools for efficient transcription such as using templates, shortcut keys, and time coding for videos
- Module 4: 60+ Practice files which includes low-quality audio and multiple speakers with accents to get a sense of the real-world challenges
- Module 5: How to find work which includes finding clients, setting your rates, and managing customer service
- Module 6: Final exam and certificate
The Syllabus For The Legal Transcription Course:
- Module 1: What is legal transcription
- Module 2: Legal transcription equipment and style guide
- Module 3: 80+ pages of English and Latin legal terminology and quizzes
- Module 4: How to use Microsoft Word for legal transcriptionists which includes using shortcuts and notating transcripts
- Module 5: How to transcribe legal correspondence from attorneys and other legal professionals with practice exercises
- Module 6: Legal process and court procedure which includes the different types of law, the anatomy of a court transcript, and how a case moves through the system
- Module 7: Legal forms and templates
- Module 8: Court proceedings transcription with practice
- Module 9: Deposition file transcription with practice
- Module 10: Law enforcement file transcription with practice
- Module 11: Conference and legal association meeting transcription with practice
- Module 12: Time coding for legal transcriptionists
- Module 13: Resources and final exam
- Module 14: How to find work in legal transcription
What’s Cool About Transcribe Anywhere
- The course is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is self-paced, so you can complete it in a couple of months or several months, depending on your timetable.
- There is a final test, and completing it confirms that you have accomplished and comprehended all of the training content.
- There is certification. While there is no official credential prerequisite as there is for teaching, presenting a certification will offer you an advantage over the competition.
- You’ll discover where to look for paying clients. The Facebook group is fairly active in terms of career leads.
- The course material is available for life, including updates.
- You get to enjoy lifetime access to the Facebook support forum.
What’s Not Cool
- If you don’t have a lot of money to spend, it’s a little pricey, but you can split it up. General Transcription training costs $797.00 for all 4 levels, while Legal Transcription training costs $897.00 for all 4 levels. Thankfully, there is a pay-as-you-go alternative available, which reduces the average cost.
- There is one catch: you can only gain lifetime access to every module if you complete – and pay for – the 3rd level of either course.
- No refund policy in place and does not guarantee that you will land on a job, but the free mini courses on General Transcription and Legal Transcription will assist you in determining whether transcription is a good career for you.
How Long Does It Take To Get Through The Transcribe Anywhere Transcription Course?
Transcription Anywhere classes are ‘go-at-your-own-pace’ tutorials, and the time to finish them differs between students, based on how much available time you can commit to the program.
If you focus on it every day, for instance, you can finish it in a month or two; if you don’t have much time for it, it would take you roughly two or four months to finish.
Does Transcribe Anywhere Offer Support?
The unlimited access to the Facebook community is an excellent platform for seeking help from both experienced and inexperienced transcriptionists, and existing students.
This community is a perfect place to address any concerns, issues, or questions that you may have regarding the program.
What I personally like about it is that the course creator herself is an active member in the group where you can enjoy direct communication.
You’ll also have unlimited access to student support including upgrades if you enroll in all the modules of either course. As a result, when the material is revised, you will have immediate access.
How Much Does Transcribe Anywhere Cost ?
The first level in Transcribe Anywhere begins at $127 and increases as you go through the other levels. The pricing system is a bit confusing at first since there are multiple options involved.
But at this point, I’m sure you realize there are much better programs out there that can help you make A LOT more money.
1. The First Price Structure Is As Follows:
For the General Transcription Course: The one-time tuition for all 4 training levels is $797.00, which covers all training content as well as lifetime membership, updates, and support.
Since you do not have to participate in both levels, you do not have to pay the entire amount of $797.00.
For the Legal Transcription Course: The one-time fee for all 4 levels is also $897.00, with discounts most of the time and covers all training content, as well as lifetime membership, updates, and support.
Again, since you do not have to participate in both levels, there is no need to pay the entire amount of $897.00.
2. The Second Price Structure Is As Follows:
You can make payments for portions of either course on a pay-as-you-go basis. These portions, which include the modules, are divided into four distinct levels, allowing you to divide the total cost.
And, as I’ve previously mentioned, you can choose whatever level and pay the cost of your chosen level of training.
Here’s a brief breakdown of the levels and their respective prices:
- Level 1: Theory and Practice (learn the basics) $127.00
- Level 2: Practice (everything from level 1 plus how-to’s, tutorials and more practice), $362.00
- Level 3: Get Certified, $597.00
- Level 4: Build and Market, $797.00
Now comes the tricky part: once you join in one class and then move to the next, the cost for the next level is lowered to account for what you have already invested.
Simply put, if you begin with level 1 and pay $127.00 before upgrading to level 2, you would not have to pay $362.00 for level 2. To progress to level 2, you can pay $235.00, bringing the overall amount to $362.00.
Paying for either course on a pay-as-you-go basis would not save you any money. It simply spreads out the payments.
Consider the following payment arrangement for the General Transcription course:
But now I’d like to go into a little more detail about the “catch.” The modules in the first two stages are only available for 30 or 60 days based on the level you buy, but you can move to a higher level to enjoy longer access to the modules, which can also be lifetime.
For example, in the first stage of the General Transcription course, you take the the first two modules and pay to access them for 30 days only. But when you upgrade to the next level, you will enjoy longer access for all modules.
3. The Third Price Structure Is As Follows:
If you register for the classes in advance, you can sign up in both courses and save nearly $200.00. The total cost of all modules – general and legal together – is $1,097.00, which is often discounted by 20%.
Is Transcribe Anywhere A Scam? Is It Legit?
“NO” for the first question and a resounding “YES” to the last two for the following reasons:
- The skills you will learn will be much superior and more marketable than if you learn on the job. Your transcription experience becomes more profitable and enjoyable because of this program.
- I used to do transcription work. In fact, it was one of my first work from home works with GoTranscript.com and Rev.com. I self-taught myself using GoTranscript’s manuals on best practices where I made a little less than $500.00 monthly in 10 hours per week. However, I was unable to secure any clients on my own. My transcription skills were clearly very limited, and I received no independent work.
- Transcribe Everywhere can teach you how to transcribe for any scenario. Transcriptionists are seen in a variety of industry fields, including blogs, legal records, and classrooms.
- Transcription is here to last. One of the most common concerns is that transcription will be replaced by algorithms, just as medical transcription has been overshadowed by scribes. However, this isn’t going to happen in the foreseeable future because machines cannot understand tone, accents, or meaning. This is also one of the many things you’ll discover in the Transcribe Anywhere course.
- Podcasters and YouTubers re-purpose their material as podcasting and video content become more common.
It is entirely possible to build a profitable, successful transcription business, but there are better options.
Because unlike Transcribe Anywhere, it actually provides real proof of real success from real people as recently as a few days ago.
What Is Our Top Recommendation For Making Money From Home In 2023?
Our review team has come across a program in the real estate industry that is next level!
Although it’s not real estate in the traditional sense, it’s all digital.
Where Transcribe Anywhere falls short is in scalability.
You can’t realistically expect to be able to work all hours of the day from home doing cheap little surveys… you’d run out of time.
But what if you leverage it?
With this digital real estate program, you will be getting clicks from multiple sites at every minute of the day and never have to pick up a phone once!
Sound too good to be true? Of course it does! But it isn’t…in fact, business owners wish they had this skill!
All you have to do is build and rank a website and forward the jobs off to a business owner in town, you could even email it to them!
This works for literally any service based business, tree service, plumbing, towing, etc.
How do you get paid and how much?
Simple, after you forward the jobs off to a business owner and he makes some money off of them, you simply ask to make the deal beneficial for each other.
A fair price to charge per lead, depending on the industry is 10-20%…let’s just use the tree service industry for example and go by worst case scenario.
Let’s say you build and rank the site and only 10 jobs a month come in. The average tree service job is anywhere from $500-$2000!
That means at bare minimum you have an asset worth $500 a month!
See why they call it digital real estate now?
That’s a rent payment.
The great thing is how easy it is to scale. You don’t have to answer the phone…all you have to do is get the phone to ring.
Remember Transcribe Anywhere doesn’t really offer huge profit margins, right?
This one actually allows you to collect big sums without being on the internet all day.
Truly passive income!
The training program takes making money online to a whole other level. The owner of the program walks you through how to build and rank a site hand in hand, with the occasional voice over when he is sharing his screen.
You will learn the importance of keywords, website name, how to send call notifications via email, backlinking, etc.
Once the training program is completed you will also have access to a Facebook group that is so much better than any of the groups you’ll find for other models in our opinion.
This group is much more active.
Unlike Transcribe Anywhere, where you’re just a slave to time…these websites turn into your employees and they work 24/7. A business will always want more leads and another job. In fact it doesn’t even matter that the job isn’t coming from their website name…they see it as it is…expanding digital real estate.
Unlike Transcribe Anywhere, more people have been able to walk away from their 9-5 job as well.
Digital real estate allows you to have total passive income with most of your day being spent WITH your family
Now, I know you probably have tons of questions…
Transcribe Anywhere is a scam. None of the articles praising Janet are written by people in her course. She’s bought and paid for those clickbait articles.
It sounds like there is high variability of costs. Do all hospitals need a transcription service? That might be essential for billing.