A trading journal program developed by Greg Reinacker is called TraderVue. Day traders, swing traders, and other types of traders can all benefit from the platform’s automated performance tracking and user-friendly features for performance analysis.
To get the most out of Tradervue, you need an existing trading methodology and active participation from the user.
Although the service has many benefits, there are also certain downsides to keep in mind. ‘ So, do you think you’d be interested in participating? Learn more about TraderVue by reading our review.
This TraderVue review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Pros: What I Liked
With more than 80 brokers & trading platforms, all plans include automatic trade journaling.
Supports trading in stocks, options, futures, and forex
Analytical tools make it simple to evaluate your trading results.
Cons: What I Didn't Like
The free plan only allows you to keep track of 30 deals per month.
Subscribers who pay the most for risk management products get access to them.
Not all trading platforms and brokers are compatible with it.
You probably discovered TraderVue for the same reason you might have come across any other financial newsletter, options and stock trading service, or investment program:
Because You Want More Money In Less Time.
And chances are, you want to quickly multiply the money you do have (as opposed to waiting months or even years to see a decent ROI). This is a really exciting promise, and it’s probably why the financial publishing and training industry is worth billions of dollars.
The problem is, because the idea of doubling, tripling, or 10X-ing your money in a few minutes to a few days is so enticing, there are a ton of shady characters in this space.
But, putting that aside, let’s say every investing guru and “trading expert” on the internet had the best of intentions.
Even with proprietary algorithms, a room full of supercomputers, and a team of rocket scientists, most of these experts would be lucky to get it right 20% of the time.
Now sure, we’re talking about asymmetric bets here, so theoretically the winners should more than make up for the losers.
But in order to make that happen, you can NEVER miss a trade. With a 20% success rate (speaking optimistically), one missed winner could turn a profitable month into a loser.
That’s a lot of pressure and a lot of stress (not to mention a lot of losing) with not much certainty.
But what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Constantly monitoring your phone for buy/sell alerts
- Obsessively watching charts and movement
- The emotional roller coaster and angst of hoping one winner can cover the last 8 losses
- Gambler’s odds (20% chance of success is worse than the odds of winning at Blackjack)
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)? An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day monitoring charts, trades, and alerts?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Tradervue, keep reading.
TraderVue Plans And Pricing
There are three subscription options at TraderVue, and one is free. Each plan’s cost and included features are listed below.
TraderVue offers a free plan called the Basic. Creating an account is as easy as submitting your name and email. The following features are included in the Basic plan:
- Automatically Import Trades. Import up to 30 options, futures, FX, or stock trades automatically each month.
- Entries and Exits Shown on Price Charts. The price charts on which your entry and exit points are plotted allow you to assess your trading performance quickly. Charts are generated automatically, with unlimited trade entries and exit highlighted.
- Filtering. When you wish to evaluate a specific type of trade, you can filter your trades by parameters such as time frame, asset class, and trade type.
- Share Trades. Sharing your trades with the TraderVue community will also allow you to get comments that will help you become a better trader.
The $29 monthly fee for the Silver plan is the first of two paid options the company offers. With the Silver plan, you get everything in the Basic plan, plus these extras:
- Change Your Base Currency. On the platform, US dollars are the default currency (USD). It’s possible to alter your base currency to any other currency with a Silver or higher membership.
- Export to Excel. Your trade data may be exported to Excel from TraderVue and sorted and filtered to give you more insight into your transactions.
- Automatically Import Unlimited Trades. The journal does not restrict the amount of trades that paying members can track monthly.
- Intraday and Running P&L Charts. To keep tabs on your gains and losses in real-time, you can also use intraday and running P&L charts, which are only accessible with subscription plans.
TraderVue’s most expensive Gold package subscription costs $49 per month. This package offers a wide range of risk analysis tools to the most active traders. Additional features are included, such as the following:
- Risk Tracking and Reporting. A risk-reward analysis can help you determine which trades produced the best results when compared to your maximum risk exposure.
- Exit Analysis. Look at all of the ways you can get out of your current situation.
- Liquidity Reports. You’ll also see how each trade’s liquidity influences your results in reports. Liquidity is the capacity of an asset to be purchased or sold rapidly. When trading in the stock market, time is money, and you may be shocked at how much the liquidity of the assets you trade affects your results.
- Commission and Fee Tracking. You’re a businessman looking to make money rather than spend it. To reduce the overall expense ratio of your portfolio, use the commission and fee tracking feature to identify where your money is going.
Key Features Of TraderVue
TraderVue has become a popular option for journaling for the trading community because of its extensive feature set. The following are Key Features:
Automatic Trade Journaling
Automatic trade journaling on the TraderVue platform makes keeping track of your trading history simple. Adding data from your brokerage or trading platform to the journal is all that is necessary.
Members with a Basic subscription will find this feature very exciting. Most trade journaling software solutions provide free membership. Still, you’ll have to manually enter your transaction data and trade history if you choose to use that membership. It’s a huge benefit to have free access to a technology that can accomplish this automatically.
Intuitive Charting Features
TraderVue offers a variety of charting options, some of which are interactive. With the use of several technical indicators, you can verify if your transactions align with your plan by plotting them on charts. These graphs can also be used to compare different deals or trading chances.
Silver and Gold Plans members have access to advanced reports, which may be worth the price of admission alone. The advanced reports show multiple trade attributes graphically to allow for simple comparison.
There are hundreds of ways to examine your performance when using the reports, including dropdown selections for both the X- and Y-axis of the chart.
Using an X-Y plot, for example, you may see the relationship between trade volume and profitability in your trading strategy.
New traders may have found a mentor or two on the social media platform, which can be helpful. TraderVue provides the option of a mentor-sharing tool to keep your mentor updated. To invite your mentors, simply log in, select “Mentoring” from the dropdown box, and then send an email. Once they accept the invitation, the site will instantly share your trades with them.
Only paid plans have access to the mentorship option.
Visualize Your Trading Performance
TraderVue’s “Vue” component of its name suggests that it is all about visualizing your performance and identifying areas for improvement. Visualizing your performance and pinpointing areas for improvement are made more accessible by several tools.
Advantages Of TraderVue
Signing up for TraderVue has several benefits. The platform has several notable advantages, including:
- Free Plan Available. This service provides free access to its members. Even though the membership is limited, it’s an excellent option for beginner traders who don’t trade a lot.
- Automated Journalling. To manually record your trades in a journal can be time-consuming. Even if you’re a free member, you won’t have to worry about this with a TraderVue subscription.
- Easy-to-Understand Analysis Tools. Color-coding is used in all analysis tools, making them easier to grasp. In addition, you can learn how to use the platform’s tools to become a better trader using the platform’s educational content.
- Compatible With 82 Online Brokers & Trading Platforms. Most of the most prominent brokers and trading platforms are supported by the platform. Primarily used by experienced traders.
- Risk Management. To be a successful trader, you must be competent in controlling your risk. Although the platform’s risk management features are comprehensive, they are only available to the most expensive subscribers.
Disadvantages Of TraderVue Trading Journal
However, TraderVue is an excellent online trading journal software, but it isn’t completely perfect. In addition to this, there are some other issues with the service.
- Free Account Trade Limits. If you choose the Basic plan, you can only keep track of up to 30 trades a month. When it comes to active trading, the free service will not suffice.
- Best Features Reserved for the Highest Payers. Understandably, the best features are only available to those who can afford to spend the most money. You’ll need a Gold membership to use any of the company’s risk management analysis products.
- Not Compatible With All Trading Platforms & Brokers. You won’t access the journal with some brokers and trading platforms. When working with these alternatives, you’ll have to manually enter your trading data. Despite this, the journal is compatible with the most popular trading platforms and brokers for all supported asset classes.
How TraderVue Stacks Up
TraderVue’s main competition is Edgewonk. Comparing the two is as follows:
- TraderVueEdgewonkPriceBasic: Free.
- Silver: $29/month.
- Gold: $49/month. $169/year (about $14.08/month).
- Asset Classes: Stocks, options, futures, Forex, stocks, futures, contracts for difference (CFDs), cryptocurrencies, and commodities.
- Risk Management Tools: RobustLimited
TraderVue Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
As a buyer, you’re expected to have inquiries regarding the product or service you’re considering purchasing. TraderVue is frequently asked about in the following ways:
Is TraderVue Free?
It’s possible to sign up with TraderVue for free using the Basic plan. No sophisticated reporting features or risk management analysis tools are available to basic subscribers.
Even though the journal’s free version has several limitations, it’s ideal for new traders who haven’t started trading yet. Silver and Gold memberships are required for other traders with high activity levels who need to keep track of more than 30 trades per month and have access to advanced risk management and analytics capabilities.
Does TraderVue Track Options Trades?
If you’re interested in tracking options trades, the TraderVue trading journal can do so. In this way, you may narrow in on your best options trading strategies.
How Do I Manually Add Trades To The TraderVue Trading Platform?
You’ll have to manually enter your trade data if you’re not using a supported broker or trading platform. At the platform’s top, click “Add” to add a new user. To change the transaction information, select the pencil symbol and click OK. The trash icon can be used to erase an entry if you make a mistake.
Is Tradervue A Scam?
So, is Tradervue a scam? Not technically. You can make money with it, but it’s definitely not as easy as Greg Reinacker makes it sound. Again, with any kind of financial product (especially trading), you’re taking on a lot of risk.
Sure, you could hit it big and retire in Italy, but chances are you need the stomach and financial cushion to weather tons of losses before you get there…and it may never happen.
Most of the big gains numbers these companies use in their marketing (“xyz grew by 4,112% in 3 months” or “this option made 324% in just 2 days”) are cherry-picked. They don’t tell you about the 10 100% losers that came before.
In other words, if you invested $100 into 11 recommendations, you’d lose $1,000, and make back $324…so you’d still be out almost $700. Most people don’t have the fortitude to stick it out through 3 straight months of losers in the hopes of landing one big winner.
What if, instead, you took those same 3 months, invested just a couple hours a day (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
It’s a true lifestyle business. Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority. And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Final Word: Tradervue Review
Successful traders keep trading journals regularly, and you should know as well. We all make errors, and we’re all human. It’s possible to pinpoint the mistakes that lose you money in financial markets by utilizing a trading journal.
TraderVue is one of the finest trading journals available on the internet today for those who want to pursue a trading career.
As a free platform member, you can also automatically import data. If you’re going to pay for a service, you should assume that the best features will be saved for the most expensive users. As a novice trader, the Basic membership is ideal for you.
Are There Alternatives To Tradervue?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue this making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money From Home In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs. While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1. It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day. This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2. You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With anything in the financial markets, you own and control NOTHING. You have no say in price fluctuations, demand, or what the market will do.
Trying to beat the market is fighting against the tide. There’s just too much working against you, no matter how many supercomputers or rocket scientists are on your side.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3. Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
1. Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier. Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with any kind of trading or investing, you’d have to double your initial capital OR double the average order size of your existing trades. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
2. Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. In the financial markets, you might be helping your family, but the impact never goes beyond you and maybe a few others. But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses. You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Tradervue which could one day make you money. You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits. All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.