If you’ve been looking for unique ways to make money online, you’ve probably considered Poshmark once or twice.
Now you’re legitimately wondering if it’s something you should take the leap on.
Well hopefully I can help you out a bit…
This Selling On Poshmark review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Poshmark isn’t too different from most dropshipping platforms.
Sure, their marketing makes some great promise you haven’t heard from the other dropshipping gurus, but at the end of the day, no magic bullet overcomes the massive pitfalls of this business model.
Let’s get something clear:
There is NOTHING passive about dropshipping, no matter how well most course creators sell the dream.
If you want that travel-the-world-making-money-while-you-sleep-laptop-lifestyle, dropshipping isn’t for you.
To run a successful dropshipping business, you need to be constantly on the lookout for new products.
Scouring the internet for hot trends and trying to find the next fidget spinner will take hours out of your day.
Not to mention, it’s not enough to just have the hot new product…
You also need to get the customers.
That means ads…
Lots and lots of ads…
Testing, tweaking, targeting, spending thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars before breaking even.
Not to mention, Facebook hates dropshipping, meaning one of your top traffic sources could shut you down at any time.
All of this leads to a very stressful life, not a lot of money, and a lot of time wasted.
Time that could be better spent so you can actually live the life you want.
Now, what if there was a way you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Physical Products
- Low Margins
- Long Wait Times
- Angry Customers
- Thousands of dollars testing different ad campaigns
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day running ads, researching products, and trying not to get banned by whatever platforms you’re using?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
This is nothing like dropshipping, and that’s probably a good thing.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Selling on Poshmark, keep reading.
What Is Poshmark?
Poshmark is a popular social marketplace for clothing, shoes, and accessories.
You can quickly shop other buyers’ closets and stores as a buyer.
Poshmark’s selling tools allow you to reach millions of buyers.
The Redwood City, California-based startup was created in 2011.
Over $160 million in venture money has been raised. In 2018, Forbes named it a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
Poshmark may be a small part of the $600 billion US eCommerce market. Still, the desire for cheap items is huge, and online retail proliferates.
How Does Poshmark Work?
Poshmark is a breeze. Simply take a photo of the item to sell on the marketplace. You may then submit the image directly from your phone to your Poshmark closet, add a description, and set the listing price.
Simply share your listing on social media so other users can find it. Sharing leads to sales. A pre-paid shipping label simplifies.
Poshmark takes 20% on above $15 sales. $15.00 – $19.95 fixed rate The monies are credited to your Poshmark account once the item is delivered.
This is a simple platform. Simply fill out your profile and list your stuff after signing up.
Buying On Poshmark
To Purchase items on the platform is secure and straightforward. Users or Poshmark Closets can sell. A brand or retailer’s Official Closet. Companies like Nike, Lululemon, and Michael Kors have their own Official Closet. The blue “Buy Now” icon is located at the bottom of each listing.
Next, pick a payment method (unless you have enough in your redeemable balance and credits). Then select “Submit Order” to review your order. You’ve bought it!
As you can see, trading is easy and risk-free.
On the platform, you can buy both new and used clothes. It comes in various styles for men, women, and children.
With Poshmark, you can quickly and affordably dispose of unwanted clothing without guilt or concern. Many platform users go so far as to build their own clothing boutiques or create a beauty blog to match their store.
Many people now sell full-time on this market to support their families.
Here are three successful Poshmark users.
Suzanne Canon: First Poshmark millionaire. The 39-year-old mother of two began selling her old clothes to supplement her income. A lucrative wholesale clothing business in five years. Her company is Poshmark.
Ashley B., 32, works in Houston. She joined Poshmark to buy and sell clothes. A top 10% seller on Poshmark in less than a month, she now makes a livelihood from it.
@haleys hanger is a full-time Poshmark seller. A deal is a good bargain for her, and she negotiates with sellers until both parties are happy. That’s why she’s famous and successful.
By September 2019, the site has paid out over $2 billion to vendors, a significant increase year on year.
Advantages Of Selling On Poshmark
Selling on the site has several benefits, whether selling used clothing or starting your own boutique.
- Listing Process: On Poshmark, you may list numerous goods in the time it takes to list one on Mercari. The entire procedure is streamlined.
- Easy Shipping: Shipping items is simple. Clothes don’t require weight or shipping calculations. Poshmark buyers pay a set amount for shipping and occasionally offered discounted shipping. The platform includes a mailing label; all you have to do is put the products in a Priority Mail box and take them to the post office.
- No Listing Fees: Poshmark has no listing fees, so you can start selling right away by uploading photos of your things, along with a description and pricing.
- Active Market: Poshmark has a large number of purchasers. The platform heavily promotes its site. Many people interested in fashion will open the Poshmark app every day, allowing your listed things to reach a far broader audience than if you sold them on another platform like Facebook Marketplace, eBay, etc.
- Community Network: Using Poshmark, you can purchase and sell products in a social network-like setting while fostering relationships with other users.
- Email and Push Notifications: You will receive both push notifications and emails when you make a successful sale on Poshmark.
Selling on Poshmark clearly has several advantages. You should have at least 30 items to list to make it worthwhile. Also, avoid marketing things with rips, stains, or signs of wear and tear.
This, like most things in life, has two sides. While this online marketplace has several advantages for people selling fashion online, it also has some disadvantages:
High fees: Poshmark gets 20% of every sale. Other platforms like eBay and Mercari charge 10% and 13%, respectively.
High seller fees are warranted if your listings perform successfully. The hefty costs are justified by the high rates for well-known brands and trends on Postmark’s market.
Be Active: Be active on the platform to move more goods. Especially for new sellers, you must be willing to spend time socializing with your followers and sharing your content with your network.
As a social commerce marketplace, if you enjoy sharing, liking, following, attending Posh Parties, and commenting, you will enjoy this site.
Selling Restrictions: One of the primary drawbacks of this platform is the restriction on what you may sell. This discourages those seeking diversity because it entails adding another platform.
To sell clothing, shoes, accessories, and a few household products, Poshmark is the ideal venue.
Selling On Poshmark (Step-By-Step)
Here’s how to start selling on Poshmark.
1. Download the Apps: Download and launch the Poshmark app.
2. Set up Your Profile: Next, follow these simple steps to set up your account.
3. Take Photos: Use your iPhone or Android phone to take photos of the products you’re selling, and remember to add a cover photo. You can even use natural light.
4. Fill in the Description: Describe your goods in detail, including all relevant information.
5. Check the Right Boxes: Check the right boxes for category, color, and size.
6. Determine Your Price: The next stage is to price items and list the original price of the item and observe how items sell at various rates.
7. List the Item: To make your item visible in the marketplace, click the “List Item” button.
8. Share, Share, Share: Share your listing, like a piece of clothing, with your friends and family so that you have a better chance of getting inquiries or sales and making your first sale!
9. Accept or Counter Offers: Once inquiries and offers begin to flow in, you can choose to accept or counter the offer.
10. Print Shipping Label (after the sale): Print the shipping label after accepting an offer.
11. Mail the Sold Item: Pack the sold item in bubble wrap, tissue paper, or a box. Pack sensitive objects carefully. Then simply mail it, using priority mail for speedier delivery. The item will be shipped to the customer via USPS or FedEx.
12. Wait for the item to be marked as received: The buyer has three days to mark their purchase as received.
13. Payment: Once the buyer receives the products, you will be paid. You can request a direct deposit to your bank account or a check in the mail to get paid.
Poshmark For Beginners (How To Get Started)
Poshmark isn’t for everyone, just because it’s simple to get started. Some Poshmark sellers make more money than others, and there are things you can do to increase your earnings potential. As an example, consider the following points:
Find Items For Sale
Finding items to sell on Poshmark isn’t as simple as digging through your closet. To be successful on this platform, you must know what people want and trendy.
Starting out, you don’t need to worry about locating the latest, trendiest goods to sell. As your Poshmark audience grows, you’ll be able to see which things sell well and which ones don’t.
Right now, to sell items, you can focus on goods you already own or shopping at a thrift store for bargain clothing. Poshmark allows you to easily purchase and sell clothing for men, women, and children.
Poshmark now allows you to sell household products. So go through your house and discover what you no longer need. In this manner, you can avoid losing money on unsellable items.
Clean Your Items
Once you’ve gathered the stuff, inspect them and only sell those in acceptable shape. You won’t be able to mail it if it has holes, stains, or evident wear.
Your goods should be clean, wrinkle-free, and odor-free. So, wash, iron, or steam your things as needed.
Notify any damage in your product description.
After cleaning and sanitizing your things, you can move on to the following step.
Check Comparable Items
Poshmark lets you pick any price you want, but that doesn’t mean it will sell. You should always check comparable sold products (comps) and cost to the relevant retail price.
Assuming you’re looking to sell a pair of men’s hiking boots. Simply search Poshmark to check the retail price for the sold items.
You can search for similar sold items by color, size, or “new with tags” to find a match.
Remember that you can still overprice and then accept bids. Many platform vendors do this to give their buyers the impression that they got a great price.
Take Quality Pictures
After cleaning and inspecting your item, it’s time to prepare it for Poshmark. Take close-ups of the item first.
To entice consumers, you need to shoot outstanding photos with inappropriate lighting. You may capture images using your camera, edit them, and upload them to the app.
But using the app makes everything much easier. So, open Poshmark, pose your products and take photos with your phone.
Use natural light and approach as near to your subject as you can while still obtaining the whole thing in the frame.
Make quality photos with whatever equipment you have. To make your things appear their best, you may want to invest in a lightbox, mannequin, light ring, and other tools.
Each item can have up to 12 photographs. If you must, load them with photos from various viewpoints.
- Photograph the size tag and label.
- Take close-ups of any defects or blemishes.
- Photograph any damage or discoloration.
- See the material up close.
- Capture the item’s front and back
- Consider taking a photo with the clothes on.
You want your customers to have all the information they need to make an informed purchase. Including all of this information reduces the amount of comments.
Use Keywords In Titles And Descriptions
You probably already know that keywords help searchers find your products.
Most online shoppers on Poshmark look for specific items. They utilize keywords like “Men’s Denali Fleece Jacket” or “Kids’ Winter Gloves” to find what they want.
Do: Pick keywords that describe your item. Include the brand and style name in your title.
Don’t: Use abbreviations, emoticons, or non-descriptive phrases and terms like “nice jeans.”
Using the appropriate keywords in titles and descriptions helps your listing appear in Google searches. This will ultimately attract additional search engine purchasers to your closet.
Even if something is damaged, you may still sell it on Poshmark. However, you must inform your buyers of any harm. As in:
- Is the item torn or stained?
- Is the zipper broken?
- Is there a hole in any pocket?
- Is there any fraying?
Identify any of these in your description to avoid payment delays and refunds.
Include Correct Measurements
Your descriptions must include accurate measurements. Poshmark does not allow returns for fit. This benefits seller but disadvantages purchasers.
So, to help shoppers buy your things, add all important measurements in your description. This will also save you time answering many measurement requests from potential customers.
Some of the most common measurements are:
- To measure a top/jacket, lay it flat and measure from shoulder to hem.
- Waist, rise, and inseam of jeans/pants
- Size dresses by armpit, shoulder, hips, and waist.
Leverage Offers and Markdowns Like Discounted Shipping
When selling on Poshmark, you must comprehend offers and markdowns.
Users can “like” or “watch” something. Poshmarksellers can send them exclusive offers with limited-time reductions rather than lowering the price for the broader public.
You can also host “Closet Clear Out” or CCO markdown events utilizing Poshmark’s “Offer to Liker” or OTL. This allows you to offer buyers free shipping if they buy within six hours of the price drop. Poshmark will cover the cost of shipping supplies and packaging materials.
Customer Service and Follow Up
You must also follow up with your consumers and respond to their feedback immediately as a Poshmark seller.
Customers may give you great, individualized comments. Still, they may also give you lousy criticism about your product, packing, shipment time, etc. Instead of ignoring or retaliating, use them to improve your service and turn dissatisfied customers into fans.
These are just a few tips to assist you in increasing your sales on Poshmark. Recall these suggestions as you prepare to sell on this site.
Is Poshmark A SCAM?
So, is Poshmark a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as Poshmark Team makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – you need to do a ton of volume to make any real money.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months, $3-5k in the hole on ads (because that whole “get started with $5 a day” thing is total BS) and then your reward is 15% profit on a $12 product (which comes out to $1.80), it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike dropshipping, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Alternatives To Poshmark?
Yes, there are plenty of Dropshipping programs and resources to choose from if you want to pursue this business model. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With dropshipping, you don’t really own anything. You have no control over the quality of products. You don’t even own the products because they go straight from the supplier to the customer.
Yes, if you’ve got a Shopify store, you technically own that. But if every ad platform suits you down, you’ve got a store with no customers. Which is literally worthless.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: Ok, so technically you don’t have to worry about inventory since you’re not filling up your garage or a warehouse with products.
But, you still have all the headaches of a physical products business.
Since most dropshipped products come from China, you already have a 2-3 week wait time from when a customer places an order.
But right now, with global supply chain issues, your customers would be lucky to get anything in less than a month.
Imagine finally landing your first customer after months of experimenting, and then getting hit with a refund request or chargeback because they had to wait 6 weeks to get their order.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never even have to think about that risk.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with dropshipping, you’d have to double your inventory, your profit margins, OR your average order value. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. 99.9% of the time, dropshipping provides no value to anyone but the seller.
In a lot of cases, it has a negative impact on the customer because of poor product quality and an overall bad experience (i.e. waiting 6 weeks to get your order).
And that makes it pretty hard to sleep at night.
But with Digital Real Estate, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Poshmark which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.