Melinda F. Emerson, aka SmallBizLady, is a company owner, professional speaker, small business coach, and writer of the Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months. Forbes magazine named her one of the Top 20 Women Entrepreneurs Should Follow on Twitter in 2010.
This review will go over Melinda Emerson to see if she really is the best small business owner out there.
You’ll learn whether a small business is the right thing for you.
And at the end, you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Melinda Emerson and small business in general.
But most importantly, you’ll see the exact system many others have used to build their own internet marketing business to over $40,000 a month in mostly passive income.
This system made them swear off small businesses for good, because it uses some of the same skills but in a much more powerful and profitable way!
This Melinda Emerson Review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Pros: What I Liked
- Makes wise decisions
- Good at developing a strategic plan
- Treat employees right
Cons: What I Didn't Like
- Easy to fool
- Not very specific
- Not so inspirational
Who Is Melinda Emerson?
Melinda is a seasoned entrepreneur, professional speaker, social media strategist, and small business coach that gives people some business idea, as well as the Small Business Trends’ Start-Up writer. She also helps people to achieve their dream job and small business owners to become successful.
She has been invited to lectures at several conferences and also universities such as MIT, the University of Pennsylvania, Syracuse University, NYU, Temple University, the University of Delaware, Point Park College, Chatham University, Rutgers University, Rosemont College, The Joseph Business School, Howard University, Cheyney University, Morgan State University, Delaware State University, Virginia Tech, and The Emlyon Business School in Lyon, France.
Her specialties include small business start-up, recession-proof marketing, and social media marketing. Melinda Emerson started her professional career as a producer in television.
Within five years, she quit television to pursue her own venture of establishing an award-winning production company, inspired by Oprah Winfrey’s HARPO Studios, Inc.
She began to use the concept of become your own boss in her life, and now, she is one of the many small business owners who is successful
Melinda, the CEO of Quintessence Multimedia, has developed projects for companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Verizon, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Comcast, and Radio-One. She’s also the author of the famous book Become Your Own Boss in 12 months.
Melinda is the emcee of the weekly Twitter conversation #Smallbizchat. #Smallbizchat is a reliable Twitter resource for discussing everything entrepreneurs need to know about starting and maintaining their small business success. Its focus is on how to end small business failure.
If you’re like some of the other people who hate office life and looking for a change. You are lucky because Melinda is always here, ready and willing to help others who are planning to start their own business.
At heart, she is a small business teacher that wants to spread the word end small business failure.
She’s also working as an adjunct professor at Babson College and Drexel University. She is the best-selling author of Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, Revised and Expanded (Simon & Schuster, September 2021) and Fix Your Business, a 90-Day Plan to Get Back Your Life and Reduce Chaos in Your Business.
She has also released an audio CD titled “10 Things You Must Never Forget in Business.” Melinda has been on NBC Nightly News, as well as in the Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, and Black Enterprise.
Melinda also makes a resource blog at Succeed As Your Own Boss.
She is a Virginia Tech graduate. Melinda Emerson has also received multiple awards, including the Top 50 Women in Business in Pennsylvania, Ebony Magazine’s Top 30 Leaders of the Future, and the National Association of Women Business Owners’ Woman of Distinction Award.
How Can Melinda Emerson Help You?
Melinda F. Emerson teaches you how in this practical month-by-month guide to getting your business off the ground, drawing on her experience as the successful CEO of an award-winning production company.
You may pursue your goal and make your passion your profession, whether you’re recently unemployed, searching for new things to try, or just want to finally put your company concept into reality.
Inside, you’ll discover the timeline and actions you need to follow to become your own boss, including:
MONTH 1: Meet with potential venture capitalists- So, I’ve listed the six greatest places to meet VCs below.
- Meet Them on Their Blog- Read the blog entries of the VC you want to fund your company once you’ve found it. Then make a comment about them. Your comments should bring valuable insights to the postings, demonstrating that you are intelligent and someone the VC would be interested in knowing. The VC will begin to recognize you after a few remarks. And if they answer directly to one of your remarks, you’ll have the opportunity to respond by asking if they’d like to meet in person.
- Meet Them on Twitter– Many venture capitalists are active on Twitter. So look them up on Twitter and follow them. Look at what they’re posting about and use that to start a conversation with them (via direct messaging, replying to a tweet, etc.).
- Meet Them on LinkedIn- LinkedIn makes it incredibly simple to find and connect with venture capitalists. As your LinkedIn network expands, you’ll make more and more connections to VCs.
- Meet them at Industry Events- There are events in all industries. Venture capitalists are interested in investing in that firms will attend these events.
- Meet them at Local Events- Local technology and other events in every major city attract venture capitalists.
- Meet them via Email- The final method for meeting venture capitalists is via email. Many VCs still publish their email addresses on their websites. If not, subscribe to a database that provides them, or just call the VC company and ask for the email address.That’s all there is to it. Even if you don’t have any links to VCs, there are currently six places where you can find and contact them. And once you do, you may be on your way to receiving a multi-million dollar check that will enable you to develop a massively successful small business.
Month 2: Establish a one-year marketing budget– Your small business marketing budget is an important part of your marketing strategy. It will detail the costs of achieving your marketing objectives within a specific timeframe.
- Know Your Sales Funnel- Building a successful marketing budget necessitates a deep dive into your sales funnel, where you’ll track performance across the revenue cycle, from prospect to customer.
- Know Your Operational Costs– Following that, you must comprehend your operational costs:How much would it cost in terms of time and effort to supply contacts?
How much would it cost to hire a recording agency?
What are the possible consequences of your inaction?
- Set Your Marketing Budget Based on Business Goals-What are your quarterly small business goals?
Based on their closure rates, how many of those contacts must be given to your sales force to impact revenue sufficiently to meet that goal?
- Position Marketing as an Investment, Not a Cost– Marketing budgets frequently descend from the top of the business, where marketing personnel is viewed as cost centers and the marketing budget is viewed as an expense.Using this concept, small businesses will examine last year’s marketing expenditures and decide where they want to spend more or less. Instead, regard your marketing spend as an investment that will provide a realistic and tangible return on investment over time.
- Consider Your Growth Stage- Forming your marketing budget will also affect whether your company is in growth mode or planning mode.Growth Mode. If you are in growth mode, you’ll need to earn top-line income faster. Therefore you might consider making larger investments in more quick-win marketing strategies.
Planning Mode. If you’re in a planning phase, where steady growth is more important than revenue spikes, you should consider a longer-term marketing play through earned media.
- Understand Current and Future Trends– Setting a marketing budget requires marketers to adopt and use various technologies in their marketing stack to keep up with the pace of industry changes.
Month 3: Pick an attractive logo- Have you ever encountered a major brand that didn’t have a logo? No? This is due to the fact that there are none. A logo has a significant effect on how your customers view your brand. Naturally, even if you’re just a small business owner, you should still want your logo to stand out. It’s important because it…
- Reveals your identity- Your logo will show ownership when it is imprinted on your products, business cards, and website. It can inform the world/potential customers about who you are, what kind of product or service you sell, or what benefit you provide to consumers.
- Invites new customers to know you- The logo on your packaging or on your storefront should be designed to spark the curiosity and interest of your potential buyers, prompting them to at least look at and hopefully purchase your product or service.
- Facilitates brand loyalty– Brand loyalty is extremely important and something that any business should strive for. A well-known and identifiable logo goes a long way toward developing brand loyalty.
- Can be everywhere- If you’ve successfully attached your brand messaging to your logo, all the things you do and make becomes associated with the logo and the brand.
She’ll also step you through how to set up your launch day press release. Next year at this time, you could be calling the shots at your dream job. You supply the energy, an idea, and elbow grease—and this book will supply the plan.
Podcast LIVE is an every-month video interview show that provides an answer to the questions of men, women business owners, or any other gender.
Melinda’s online small business guidance is extensively read, with over 3 million small businesses owners reading it each week.
March H. Morial, President National Urban League, once said, “Melinda will inspire you to pursue your own entrepreneurial vision.”
Is Melinda Emerson A Scam?
So, is Melinda Emerson a scam? Not really.
It is entirely possible to build a profitable, successful small business… But there are better ways to build a business other than this.
Because unlike Melinda Emerson, it actually provides real proof of real success from real people as recently as a few days ago.
Are There Any Alternatives To Soul Manifestation?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue this making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money In 2022?
Our review team has come across a program in the real estate industry that is next level!
Although it’s not real estate in the traditional sense, it’s all digital.
Where Melinda Emerson falls short is in profitability.
You can’t realistically expect to be able to make any REAL passive income when you’re just going over mindset. There’s no action there.
But what if you leverage it?
With this digital real estate program, you can have the ability to completely walk away from manual labor!
Sound too good to be true? Of course it does! But it isn’t…in fact, business owners wish they had this skill!
All you have to do is build and rank a website and forward the jobs off to a business owner in town, you could even email it to them!
This works for literally any service based business, tree service, plumbing, towing, etc.
How do you get paid and how much?
Simple, after you forward the jobs off to a business owner and he makes some money off of them, you simply ask to make the deal beneficial for each other.
A fair price to charge per lead, depending on the industry is 10-20%…let’s just use the tree service industry for example and go by worst case scenario.
Let’s say you build and rank the site and only 20 jobs a month come in. The average tree service job is anywhere from $500-$2000!
That means at bare minimum you have an asset worth $1000 a month!
See why they call it digital real estate now? That’s a rent payment.
The great thing is how easy it is to scale. You don’t have to answer the phone…all you have to do is get the phone to ring.
Remember Melinda Emerson and all the small profit margins?
This one actually allows you to collect that without working in a brick and mortar business all day. Truly passive income!
The training program takes making money online to a whole other level. The owner of the program walks you through how to build and rank a site hand in hand, with the occasional voice over when he is sharing his screen.
You will learn the importance of keywords, website name, how to send call notifications via email, backlinking, etc.
Once the training program is completed you will also have access to a Facebook group where you can ask questions and be in a community with others on the same journey as you.
Unlike Melinda Emerson, where you have to keep trading your time for money over and over…. You can finally get on the financially free side of life. A business will always want more leads and another job. In fact it doesn’t even matter that the job isn’t coming from their website name…they see it as it is…expanding digital real estate.
Unlike Melinda Emerson, more people have been able to become financially free as well.
Digital real estate allows you to have passive income with most of your day being spent OUT of the brick and mortar landscape.
Now, I know you probably have tons of questions… So, check this out to learn more.