Media Temple is a leading web hosting company. They host 1.5million websites for 125,000 users. They aim to assist web developers, designers, entrepreneurs, and innovators in bringing their ideas to life online.
This review will go over Media Temple to see if it really is the best web hosting provider out there.
Now, I do want to be totally honest in this review, so…
This Media Temple review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
ProsWhat I Liked
Free front-end site evaluation
Custom-made for WordPress
Can host up to 100 sites
ConsWhat I Didn't Like
Expensive plans for premium hosting
Extra fees for migrating sites from other providers
Hard to learn control panel
At the end, I’ll answer some of the most often asked questions regarding Media Temple and web hosting in general.
But most importantly, you’ll see the exact step-bey-step system that many others have used to grow their own successful online business to more than $40,000 a month in passive income.
Media Temple developed a unique clustered architecture that consists of servers called “Grid.” It is specifically designed to improve performance and uptime for shared hosting. The Grid can also be set up quickly and scaled easily, which is crucial for successful sites.
Media Temple’s hosting plans don’t come cheap, but the value they provide isn’t just in dollars and cents.
Their outstanding customer support is what makes them extra expensive. 90% of their employees spend their time helping customers.
Media Temple is worth a look as they will review your website and suggest improvements.
About Media Temple
Demian Sellfors started Intergress Technologies back in 1998. In 2003, he merged his company with Media Temple (also known as the lower-case abbreviation, “mt”), one of his clients. He retained the Media Temple name.
Their headquarters can be found in Culver City (California). GoDaddy bought Media Temple outright in 2013. But, it continues to operate as an independent entity.
The company is a cloud hosting provider. Its primary focus is helping digital entrepreneurs, innovators, creative agencies, web developers, and designers to make their ideas come to life online. They offer web hosting services that are high-performance and optimized for speed, security.
Media Temple has more than 1.5 million sites today and over 125,000 clients across over 100 different countries. Media Temple maintains a strong focus on all its customers and their success, even though technology changes all the time.
Media Temple Features: Overview
Some of the main features offered by Media Temple web hosting plans are:
- 24/7/365 support. Premium support (for a small fee).
- All plans include high-performance solid-state drives (SSD), great for small businesses with limited budgets.
- You can migrate sites from another provider (for a charge due to their Custom Control Panel).
- No cost, front-end site inspection to find potential problems
- A one-click script installation that is free for Drupal, WordPress, Zen Cart. Manual installations can be performed on almost all items.
- Disaster recovery/restoration Support (for a nominal fee).
- Media Temple offers a managed service that will take care of your entire site.
- SSL certificate. There will be a charge if the certificate is needed to be installed.
- Unlimited data transfers mean that bandwidth is not an issue.
- Local backups can be secured (for a charge). You must create your own backups.
- A monthly fee applies for an emergency clean-up of malware and the removal of your name on blacklists.
- You will be charged a monthly fee if you wish to be proactive, have regular clean-ups, and monitor your system. But, this could help save you some headaches down the line.
- No domain fees
- Add-on email to GSuite for $5. Easy to set up, and an installation tool is provided.
- Backup and restore files within 30 days.
- Protected malware detection and removal tool
- DDoS & Intrusion Protection
“The Grid” — Media Temple’s Solution For Speed And Scalability
Media Temple was responsible for designing and constructing “Grid,” one of the first-ever public clouds.
Its unique design offers more speed, reliability, scalability, and flexibility.
Their Secret Sauce: Clustered Servers
Clustered servers are one of their secrets.
This architecture can handle large spikes and traffic easily by hosting your site on many servers.
The Grid will not crash or slow down if there are a lot more visitors than usual. This is crucial since you wouldn’t want your website to crash when it gets covered in the media, on the radio, or when you advertise on Facebook for traffic.
How Is Media Temple’s Solution Different?
It is different because other companies will check how much CPU resource you use. Your site may be closed if you use more CPU resources in a short time. This is the worst thing that could happen, especially if you are building momentum.
GPUs, Not CPUs
Media Temple uses GPUs instead. These are “Graphics processing units.”
You will get your first 2000 GPUs fromMT.
As long as your GPU limit doesn’t exceed spikes, it doesn’t matter. This is sufficient for most business sites. You’ll be charged for any additional usage, but your site remains up.
Media Temple Hosting Types And Plans
Media Temple has plans available for hobbyists and small businesses.
Media Temple’s emphasis on performance is what makes it stand out.
Shared Hosting: It’s Managed And Low-Cost
There are three types of shared Grid plans. Each one has its own variables. You are sharing server space, which is what shared hosting means. This is the most cost-effective type of hosting for small businesses.
Their shared hosting plans include the following :
- The Grid experts handle everything.
- Clustered servers provide superior performance.
- Automatic backups for 30 days
- SSD (solid-state drives) storage for faster speeds and greater reliability
- Fast page loading
- Hosting Bonus: Up to 9 months free if you pay upfront for 1, 2, or 3 years
- DDoS protection and intrusion prevention
- Security: Malware alerts and tools to remove them.
- Global CDN, a content delivery network, speeds up the loading of your website. This is available for the “Pro” or “Elite” plans.
- Sucuri provides advanced security and firewall (Available with the “Pro” and “Elite” plans)
VPS Hosting Options: Managed And Unmanaged
VPS (virtual private server) hosting can be a mid-level choice for hosting. It provides some of the advantages of shared hosting but with small businesses’ control, scaling, and management options.
Media Temple offers three VPS hosting plans.
You can have it fully managed or partially managed. Or you can handle it all yourself.
This is great for small businesses that need a dedicated server with less traffic.
VPS hosting plans provide all of the benefits offered by shared plans as well as more.
- SSD (Solid State Servers) are reliable, fast, and reliable
- 99.99% uptime
- Instant scaling is available when needed.
- Backups by automatic
- Choose between Control panel VPS hosting and Command-line VPS hosting.
- Opt to manage your own site or have it managed by someone else.
- Ubuntu, Debian, and CentOS are the options available.
- Plesk and cPanel control panels are available.
- Full root access
- Scans for security and performance
What’s Included With Managed VPS?
If you decide to purchase a managed VPS, you’ll be able to access the following services:
- Consultation during the onboarding process and analysis to determine your needs
- Migration of your site from a different web host
- Install and configure your operating system.
- 24/7/364 priority services “hotline.”
- Installation of new programs
- Stress-tests on your website
- Optimization of your server
- Your website pages are continuously scanned to detect SQL injections, cross-site programming, SEO spam, SQL injections, SQL malware, SQL spam, and other essential security threats.
- WAF (Web Application Firewall).
Dedicated Hosting Options
Dedicated servers are best for large websites with heavy traffic. You won’t share server space on a dedicated site, but it does come at a premium price. While most small businesses will not require this level of hosting, it is an excellent benefit to know that you won’t have to change hosts as your business grows.
- Media Temple offers three dedicated hosting plans depending on your skills level. You can hire a Media Temple expert to help you or do it on your own.
- If your business is booming, has a lot of visitors each day, and other plans cannot handle your needs, then your server is a perfect choice.
- Pre-installed (depends on your plan)
- The choice of control panels
Hosting Optimized For WordPress
Media Temple has plans designed specifically for WordPress. This is fantastic news for WordPress users.
Based on your site count and traffic level, you can choose between Personal or Professional plans. Personal allows you two sites to host, while Pro allows up to 10 sites.
Media Temple WordPress hosting features are:
- Easy migration
- Two staging environments per website (so that you can test before you publish changes live).
- Tons and tons of development tools: Git version control (WP-CLI), phpMyAdmin accessibility, etc.
- Access to WP themes – some with included stock photos
- 30-day restore and backup
- 24/7 support
- Automatic updates
- Security monitoring
What Are The Options For Customer Support And Help?
- 24/7/365 support via email, live chat, and email tickets. Twitter and Facebook support. Access a knowledge base that includes questions and answers.
- Support staff spends 90% time with customers.
3o-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- VPS plans are otherwise called DV products. Media Temple offers a 99.999% Uptime Guarantee on these plans.
Additionally, if there is downtime during the month, you’ll receive a 20% Refund on your hosting. This is calculated for every 20 minutes that you have been offline during the month.
- A 100% front-end site evaluation that’s absolutely free. The review lists all problems found on your sites, such as slow speeds, outdated plugins, or faulty programming. Lightning-fast loading times.
- GPU protects your site against being shut down or crashed by too many visitors.
- Custom-made for WordPress
- No pushy sales pitches. For the fees for different elements, everything is in black and white.
- Available support staff 24/7/365
- SSD storage comes right out of the box
- One account can host up to 100 sites
- GoDaddy, the largest internet hosting provider, owns this site so that you can be sure they won’t steal your money or data.
- Premium hosting means more expensive plans.
- You don’t get a lot for free extras. Individual fees are listed for each element you wish to use.
- You must pay to migrate sites from other providers. This is because Media Temple uses their own custom control panel and transferring is far more complex than doing it from cPanel to cPanel as most other providers do.
- You pay extra for a one-on-one consultation. This seems unfair when you pay to host your site and there’s an expectation that you’ll get help to set it up.
- The custom control panel may be hard to learn.
- For one-click apps, you can manually install other apps, but it can be tricky to do so.
Media Temple Plans & Prices
Media Temple offers a wide range of premium web hosting solutions, including shared, VPS, and dedicated servers that can be managed and self-managed, as well as cloud and WordPress hosting.
Below is an overview and price list for their current plans. Media Temple’s website contains the most recent and up-to-date pricing information.
Media Temple is something you need to research before making a decision. This provider may not be the most cost-effective, and there may be additional charges for most services and products.
This service has many advantages. In fact, it’s one of today’s leading web hosts. But you still need to create a list of your needs and check if Media Temple has them covered. Ask questions before taking any action.
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2021?
Our review team has come across a program in the real estate industry that is next level!
Although it’s not real estate in the traditional sense, it’s all digital.
Where Media Temple falls short is in scalability.
You can’t realistically expect to be able to make passive income when you have to watch your store and manage ads all day.
But what if you leverage it?
With this digital real estate program, you can have the ability to completely walk away from the laptop because there is no ad management!
Sound too good to be true?
Of course it does!
But it isn’t… in fact, business owners wish they had this skill!
All you have to do is build and rank a website and forward the jobs off to a business owner in town, you could even email it to them!
This works for literally any service based business, tree service, plumbing, towing, etc.
How do you get paid and how much?
Simple, after you forward the jobs off to a business owner and he makes some money off of them, you simply ask to make the deal beneficial for each other.
A fair price to charge per lead, depending on the industry is 10-20%…let’s just use the tree service industry for example and go by worst case scenario.
Let’s say you build and rank the site and only 10 jobs a month come in. The average tree service job is anywhere from $500-$2000!
That means at bare minimum you have an asset worth $500 a month!
See why they call it digital real estate now?
That’s a rent payment.
The great thing is how easy it is to scale. You don’t have to answer the phone…all you have to do is get the phone to ring.
Remember Media Temple and all the small profit margins?
This one actually allows you to collect that without being on the laptop managing a store all day. Truly passive income!
The training program takes making money online to a whole other level. The owner of the program walks you through how to build and rank a site hand in hand, with the occasional voice over when he is sharing his screen.
You will learn the importance of keywords, website name, how to send call notifications via email, backlinking, etc.
Once the training program is completed you will also have access to a Facebook group much better than the Media Temple group in our opinion. This group is much more active.
Unlike Media Temple, where you have to run ads all day and worry about getting a $5 profit off a $50 product 1,000 times over…. A business will always want more leads and another job. In fact it doesn’t even matter that the job isn’t coming from their website name…they see it as it is…expanding digital real estate.
Unlike Media Temple, more people have been able to walk away from their 9-5 job as well.
Digital real estate allows you to have total passive income with most of your day being spent OFF the laptop.
Now, I know you probably have tons of questions… So, check this out to learn more.