Linode Cloud Computing Review:
This Linode cloud hosting review is based on what actual people have to say about Linode and it’s to help you make an informed decision about whether Linode cloud hosting is right for you.
The company provides cloud hosting services to more than 400,000 customers from eight data centers in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Linode provides high-performance cloud hosting. It allows you to deploy a powerful cloud server in seconds. Linode uses industry-leading SSD storage and an Intel E5 processor.
This review will go over Linode to see if it really is the best cloud hosting solution out there.
Now, I do want to be totally honest in this review, so…
This Linode Cloud Computing review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Pros: What I Liked
- Great uptime and performance
- Easy to scale
- User-friendly cloud manager
Cons: What I Didn't Like
- Difficult data migration
- Clunky web interface design
Table of Contents
And at the end, I’ll answer some of the most often asked questions regarding LinLode and cloud hosting in general.
But most importantly, you’ll see the exact step-bey-step system that many others have used to grow their own successful online business to more than $40,000 a month in passive income.
Linode was founded by Christopher Aker in 2003. Since then, Linode has grown significantly. The New Jersey-based company made the transition from UML visualization to ZenUML visualization in May 2008. They also introduced a data backup service a year later.
Linode has grown to be a multi-national company over the years. It has launched data centers in England, Japan, and Singapore, but it also suffered security breaches in 2012 and 2013. The company eventually implemented better security measures.
The company’s virtual private server (VPS), now focuses on cloud hosting. They have many clients, including Accu Radio and The Onion. They currently serve more than 400,000 Linux clients, and this number keeps growing year after year.
What Does Linode Offer?
Linode is known for its innovative and successful approach to security. They participate in HackerOne’s bug bounty program that pays white-hat hackers to find security vulnerabilities. The company does not use industry-standard terms, such as shared hosting or VPS hosting. These terms are used to describe the company’s plans. They are almost identical to VPS hosting. However, we want to make it clear that these plans are not 1-to-1 analogs.
Over A Decade Of Experience
Linode has more than a decade of experience with customers in over 130 countries around the world.
What Are Linode’s Main Features?
Linode is proud to be a company that focuses on three areas. Its success formula is simplicity, power, and reliability. Linode can also be used to support businesses at every stage of their journey.
Linode offers a variety of plans and can help your business with these features:
- 9 Datacenters in 3 different regions
- Server access via virtual console
- Linode API
- Command-line access
- Ability to deploy custom stacks
- DNS Manager
- Cloning and scaling
- Full IPv6 support
- Linode also refers to Recovery mode as “Rescue mode”.
They provide high-performance cloud hosting for developers.
Linode offers a variety of products and services. They include:
- Linode Kubernetes Engine (LKE) – Kubernetes containers as a service application.
- GPU – On-demand cloud GPU configurations for parallel processing workloads like machine learning, video computing, and scientific computing.
- Dedicated CPU – These CPU instances are run on their own CPU cores within the Linode infrastructure. Sharing the processor with other customers is not allowed.
- High Memory – Configurations for high-memory compute to run memory-intensive programs.
- Shared Linodes – Balanced compute configuration for various cloud applications.
- Nanode – A $5/month entry-level compute plan for a fully functional Linux distribution.
- Object storage – High availability and scalability of S3 compatible object storage for storing unstructured data.
- Block Storage – To store data in blocks or volumes, that works as individual hard disk drives or HDD
- Backups – An automatic data backup service
- VPC – To manage the software-defined network of cloud resources.
- VLAN – Virtual Local Area Network
- DDoS Protection – Detection of and mitigation of DDoS infrastructure attacks
- NodeBalancers – To balance traffic load.
- DNS Manager – Managed DNS service on Linode platform
- Next-Generation Network – Interconnects data centers worldwide via a private fiber backbone.
- Cloud Manager – Mobile- and user-friendly interface to manage Linode virtual machines and configure networking. It also allows you to control user accounts.
- Linode API – To give programmatic access to the Linode platform.
- Linode CLI – Account access for Linode infrastructure management
- Images – Make customer Linux images for easier scaling
- StackScripts – Customize Linode infrastructure deployments automatically using StackScripts.
- Monitoring – Track transfer usage and analyze infrastructure performance, and customize alerts.
- Managed – A service that responds to an incident and helps businesses avoid costly downtime.
- Cloud Consulting – To help you design your services, migrate sites, and deploy software.
Uptime And Performance
Linode‘s main selling point is its high level of uptime.
This feature should be demanded by all businesses, especially in this current economic climate. It is important to have a 99.9% server uptime guarantee.
Linode ensures clients a competitive uptime.
It’s also a powerful solution, and the 40 Gbps network can’t be faulted. The fastest processors in the cloud market are also the Intel E5 processors.
Easy-To-Use Control Panel
The control panel is pretty straightforward. It is easy to navigate and well-designed.
Also, another distinct selling point is the ability to adapt things to individual needs. Nobody could ask for more when it comes to monitoring a situation.
Quick Launch And API Access
After activating an account, you can launch a server within seconds. Businesses have more time to focus on their core competencies and perfect strategies.
Unmanaged can mean that you may need to do more work to get the desired results. The tools are there. It is easy to use an advanced API platform that includes scaling capabilities and DNS management. The results can be amazing if the user is skilled enough to use them.
Upgrade For Managed Hosting
Linode‘s defaults are unmanaged, but you can upgrade to a managed solution. NodeBalancers, Longview, and other add-ons are also available. These add-ons can make systems more efficient.
Linode Manager and NodeBalancer enables users to manage multiple server instances across one system.
Use Your Smartphone To Manage Your Web Hosting
It is worth noting that the company offers a downloadable App. Smartphones are an integral part of modern life.
Clients can create new Linodes and track items. The App also allows them to manage their account’s payment aspects.
Linode’s ability to remotely monitor business solutions is an added benefit.
Choose From 9 Hosting Plans
Linode plans include both root access and SSH. But there is still a lot of versatility involved.
They have nine standard plans. The plans range from 1GB Ram to 96GB Ram. This means that any business can choose the plan which best suits them.
The starter package includes:
- 1GB Ram
- 1 Core CPU
- 24GB SSD Storage
- 2TB Transfer
- 125Mbps Network Out
It might be best to start with the smaller package, as you can always upgrade later.
Linode Pricing And Billing
All services are automatically billed on an hourly basis, with a monthly cap. Extra charges may apply if the transfer rate exceeds.
How Does Hourly Billing Work?
Depending on the amount of resources used, you pay an hourly rate for your services. The hourly rate is determined by the package that you choose. This variable factor refers to performance.
High Memory Linodes are a cost-effective and optimized option to run memory-intensive applications on dedicated CPUs.
The Linode platform provides dedicated CPU instances that run on their own CPU cores. There is no sharing of the processor with other instances.
How Is Linode’s Customer Support?
Linode is a website that puts the customer first. This shows in the high-quality support available online.
Online Guides And Tutorials
You will find many guides to help you get started or migrate your existing packages to Linode.
Customers will also find tutorials in the website. This section can be particularly helpful for Linux beginners.
Skype And Telephone Contact Available
Customers may prefer to speak with experts directly. The company offers the usual social media channels like Twitter and Skype for this purpose.
Linode is a company that most clients love. It is a selling point in a business such as this.
Problems can have a huge impact on profitability. It is important to find quick solutions. No matter what method you use, 24/7 support is crucial.
Get Answers And Announcements From The Forum
Linode offers customer support services as well as a forum where customers can discuss various issues.
It’s not only a place to get announcements directly from the company but it’s also a great resource for anyone struggling with Linux servers. It’s also a great way to find tips and solutions for any issues that might arise along the way.
All Linode plans come with a seven-day money-back guarantee.
How Secure Is Linode?
Linode is serious about security. It does everything to make sure your website is as secure as possible. Currently, Linode:
- Continuously scans the networks and supporting systems to make sure everything is in order.
- Works with HackerOne security researchers who are paid to document and find vulnerabilities in the Linode system
- Does regular system testing including penetration and application testing
- Secures their data center and limit access to employees and visitors who are verified by biometrics
- Implements redundant routers, switches, and service providers to avoid any downtime or performance issues when multiple systems fail
- Protects your account with a two-factor authentication
- Provides DDoS protection as of 2016
- Scans networks and other systems for vulnerabilities
- Gives you up to 9+ certifications per region with London, the UK being the most.
Linode has been the victim of numerous DDoS attacks. Although Linode was forced to close its doors in January 2016, it seems that engineers have learned from the attack. The company has been subject to additional attacks since then but has fared pretty well.
Is There A Money-Back Guarantee?
Linode offers a 7-day money-back guarantee and you will receive a $100 promotional credit that you can use within 60-days before the service charges. Customers will be happy to know this. This is especially useful as clients may not use unmanaged facilities.
Nothing is worse than being tied to a long-term contract.
If customers realize they made a mistake (within the week slot), they will only lose the $5 surcharge. This is not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things.
There are limitations to the Linux-only solution. However, those who have this knowledge will find the solution very flexible.
However, clients may require expertise that isn’t needed with other services. This is unless managed services are upgraded. Linode is a cloud hosting service that can work in the right conditions.
To decide whether to continue with the product, you may need to test it out for a while. Although this is not possible, the 7-day guarantee gives you the chance to check if it’s the right fit for you.
What Is My Top Recommendation For Making Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has come across a program in the real estate industry that is next level!
Although it’s not real estate in the traditional sense, it’s all digital.
Where Linode falls short is in scalability.
You can’t realistically expect to be able to make passive income when you have to watch your store and manage ads all day.
But what if you leverage it?
With this digital real estate program, you can have the ability to completely walk away from the laptop because there is no ad management!
Sound too good to be true?
Of course it does!
But it isn’t… in fact, business owners wish they had this skill!
All you have to do is build and rank a website and forward the jobs off to a business owner in town, you could even email it to them!
This works for literally any service based business, tree service, plumbing, towing, etc.
How do you get paid and how much?
Simple, after you forward the jobs off to a business owner and he makes some money off of them, you simply ask to make the deal beneficial for each other.
A fair price to charge per lead, depending on the industry is 10-20%…let’s just use the tree service industry for example and go by worst case scenario.
Let’s say you build and rank the site and only 10 jobs a month come in. The average tree service job is anywhere from $500-$2000!
That means at bare minimum you have an asset worth $500 a month!
See why they call it digital real estate now?
That’s a rent payment.
The great thing is how easy it is to scale. You don’t have to answer the phone…all you have to do is get the phone to ring.
Remember Linode and all the small profit margins?
This one actually allows you to collect that without being on the laptop managing a store all day. Truly passive income!
The training program takes making money online to a whole other level. The owner of the program walks you through how to build and rank a site hand in hand, with the occasional voice over when he is sharing his screen.
You will learn the importance of keywords, website name, how to send call notifications via email, backlinking, etc.
Once the training program is completed you will also have access to a Facebook group much better than the Linode group in our opinion. This group is much more active.
Unlike Linode, where you have to run ads all day and worry about getting a $5 profit off a $50 product 1,000 times over…. A business will always want more leads and another job. In fact it doesn’t even matter that the job isn’t coming from their website name…they see it as it is…expanding digital real estate.
Unlike Linode, more people have been able to walk away from their 9-5 job as well.
Digital real estate allows you to have total passive income with most of your day being spent OFF the laptop.
Now, I know you probably have tons of questions… So, check this out to learn more.