Karla Marie created Fiction Profits Academy, a program that teaches people how to create and sell their own e-books on Amazon.
The likelihood is that you’ve arrived here because you’re concerned about the legitimacy of this training course.
What will this review reveal?
Everything you need to know about this course is provided in the following sections, including background information, cost, an outline of what you get, and much more.
This Karla Marie review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available online to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
Table of Contents
Pros: What I Liked
- Learn the basics of selling ebooks on Amazon.
- Karla Marie seems to know her stuff, but I can't verify her 6-figure income.
Cons: What I Didn't Like
- Selling ebooks isn't easy. Making a few bucks takes a lot of work.
- Overpriced course. Most likely, you can't get your money back.
- The course material is standard. Some information has a free training online.
- There are no documented student successes, unlike other online business models.
Karla Marie – like most Amazon programs – wants you to believe you can build and run a successful e-commerce business that’s automated, profitable, and generates cash around the clock in less than 90 days…
With just a couple hundred dollars in inventory…
Sounds a little too good to be true, huh?
Look, as far as most online businesses go, you could do a lot worse than Amazon ebooks.
But does that mean it’s the best solution for you?
That’s what we’ll find out in this Karla Marie review.
The biggest things you have to consider here are:
- Inventory Management
- Product Selection
- Time to Profit
While you can make good money with Amazon KDP, it’s not as easy or simple as most course creators make it sound. Let’s break these 3 down real fast:
1) Inventory Management: If you’re doing an FBA business, the promise is that you don’t need to worry at all about inventory, because Amazon takes care of packing, shipping, customer service, etc.
However, you still need to get products to Amazon. And Amazon has very strict rules all sellers have to follow when preparing products for their warehouses.
This includes packaging, labeling, and registering products in their system. If you’re preparing all products yourself, you’ll spend a TON of time on this step (potentially 4-5 hours a day). So if you’re looking for a passive, automated business that runs itself, this might not be the best fit.
Now, yes, you can hire an Amazon prep center to do all this for you, but that eats into your margins. And remember that Amazon takes around 30-40% in fees for using the FBA program, so your profits are pretty tight to begin with.
2) Product Selection: E-commerce is a cyclical business. “Hot” products are always going in and out of fashion, which means, as an Amazon seller, you constantly need to be on the lookout for the next big thing.
That means monitoring trends, searching for products that might be popular down the line, and constantly in a rat race to – essentially – predict the future.
Sure, you can play in the evergreen market (things people always need and buy), but how much profit margin are you really going to get on meal prep containers, rubber spatulas, and golf umbrellas? Especially when there are hundreds of thousands of other sellers all swimming in that same ocean.
And because you’re constantly hunting for new hot products to sell, that takes up all the valuable time you could be using to travel, explore, read, surf, hike, or whatever else.
3) Time To Profit: Now, this isn’t the slowest turnaround time, but if you think you can put a dollar into inventory today and come out with two tomorrow, you’re sadly mistaken. From the time you first buy products to sell, you could be looking at anywhere from 4-12 weeks before you see a dollar come back.
And it could take twice as long before you break even.
Now, that’s not terrible, but what if you could start building a different (non-Amazon) income stream today, and see your first profits tomorrow?
What if you could build a passive income stream that’s actually passive?
An income stream that doesn’t require:
- Low margins
- Constantly looking for the next hot product
An income stream that brings in consistent revenues every single month (from a couple thousand dollars to well over $10,000)?
An income stream you could actually build in your spare time, and grow as large or as small as you want to, without having to spend hours a day packing, prepping, and researching?
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, check out Digital Real Estate.
However, if you’d still like to know more about Karla Marie, keep reading.
Who Is Karla Marie?
Karla Marie is the person who came up with Fiction Profits Academy. She claims to have made more than six figures by self-publishing ebooks on Amazon.
Not much may be known about her. So it’s impossible to tell if she’s really making so much money by selling ebooks.
Instead of publishing ebooks, I believe Karla Marie makes more money selling her online course.
In addition, Karla has a proven track record in online marketing. Using webinars to generate leads and then following up with emails, she follows the same strategy as other online marketers.
Fiction Profits Academy is Karla Marie’s YouTube channel. It currently has around 3.24K subscribers as of this writing. However, there have been no new uploads on the channel in half a year.
If you like to know how to make money online, Karla Marie’s Fiction Profits Academy may be the place for you. In the next section, we’ll take a look at her curriculum.
Fiction Profits Academy Review: An Overview
You can learn how to create, market, and sell your ebook on Amazon with the help of Fiction Profits Academy. This isn’t a brand-new way of doing business. Even though many people are doing it, I don’t recommend it as an online business model because the profit margins are thin. A six-figure income is tough to achieve, as Karla Marie stated.
Let me give you a brief overview of the Fiction Profits Academy course’s content. There are ten modules in the course.
You’ll get the following:
- Module 1: The Million Dollar Mindset
- Module 2: The Basics
- Module 3: Create Your Books
- Module 4: The Ideal Cover
- Module 5: Formatting and Blurbs
- Module 6: Everything KDP
- Module 7: The Perfect Launch Strategy
- Module 8: Facebook Ads Mastery Training
- Module 9: Creating Enthralled Fans
- Module 10: Growing Your Company
Additionally, a private Facebook group will be made available to you in addition to the core training. In this section, you can ask questions. Aside from that, Karla Marie offers once-a-week group coaching sessions.
Fiction Profits Academy Pricing
Fiction Profits Academy isn’t cheap. It’s actually quite pricey.
Fiction Profits Academy cost is $1,497. Overpriced, in my opinion, because you don’t need that much cash to learn about making money on the internet or creating ebooks.
Karla Marie’s training course is not exceptional at all. It’s likely to find better and cheaper options.
A payment plan is available for this course. You can pay $789 over three months. Unless, of course, you’re willing to shell out $2367 in total, which is a lot more.
Refund policies are a bit convoluted. No questions asked refunds are available within 24 hours of purchase. Then several conditions must be met before you can get your money back.
Can You Get A Refund?
You can. You have 24 hours to get your money back, no questions asked. After that, you can still get your money back if you meet the following criteria:
- Complete Karla Marie’s course’s first 8 modules.
- You must attend two one-on-one coaching calls with Karla or a Fiction Profits Academy team member.
- Create one lead magnet and one ebook per program requirements.
- The FPA requires that you publish your ebook on Amazon.
- You must try to make money online with this course. If you follow all the rules above and still don’t make $6,000 in a year, you can get your money back.
Karla Marie – Fiction Profits Academy’s Business Model
A to Z training for the fiction self-publishing business is included in this training program, which teaches you how to profit handsomely from ebook publishing on Amazon, just as Karla and her clients have done.
Part #1: The Foundation:
- Setting goals and cultivating a positive mindset is essential for success.
- How to determine the best niche and themes for publishing an ebook that readers want
- Creating a strong Author Name brand that will serve as a springboard for consistent long-term earnings
- Step-by-Step How to Begin Building Your Audience and Mailing List on Day One
- Plan your stand-alone ebook series so that readers are captivated from the first page.
Part #2: Your Epic Launch
- How to plan your book launch to maximize sales right away
- How to get dozens of genuine reviews from readers in the first two days of your launch
- How to create irresistible covers like bestsellers
- How to write sales descriptions that captivate readers and compel them to buy your book
Part #3: The Process
- A detailed explanation of the “Master Blueprint.”
- Mailing list subscribers who become raving fans and repeat customers thanks to advanced email marketing techniques
- Use social media and other different online platforms to increase the visibility and reach of your ebooks.
- Ninja techniques for keywords and categories
Part #4: Keep it Going!
- How to keep your Amazon rankings and royalties solid and consistent
- Best-Sellers can be reverse engineered, but how?
- How to use contests and giveaways to build a larger following
- Pay-per-click advertising basics: Facebook and AMS
How about some bonuses to make everything a little easier?
BONUS #1: Copy-and-paste email templates and forms for assembling your team of superfans who will provide you with much-needed glowing reviews for your ebooks. For the success of your ebook launches, you need a review team that is engaged and responsive. Suppose you want your ebooks to do well in Amazon’s algorithm and sell regularly. In that case, you’ll need a lot of positive reviews.
BONUS #2: Copy-and-paste templates for everything you need to build a mailing list of raving fans and subscribers. These include opt-in calls to action in your books, landing pages, subscriber follow-up emails, and regular promotional emails for your list. You’ve got a list of ebooks that are bringing you consistent profits!
BONUS #3: You’ll learn how to make money from your mailing list without having to publish an ebook!
BONUS #4: Karla Marie hosts a live Q&A session every month. With core training and free webinars.
Is Karla Marie A Scam?
So, is Karla Marie a scam? Not technically. You can make money with this program, but it’s definitely not as easy as Fiction Profits Academy makes it sound.
There’s a ton of work to be done upfront, no real guarantee of success, and – most importantly – you need to do a ton of volume to make any real money.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with front-loading the work and making the money later.
But if you’re grinding it out for 3 months and then your reward is 15% profit on a $12 product (which comes out to $1.80), it’s not really worth it.
What if, instead, you could do that same 3 months of work (in your spare time), and your reward was a $500 to $2,000 payment that came in every single month (recurring revenue)?
And what if you actually didn’t need to wait 3 months? What if you could get started today and have your first payment in a week?
And what if you could double it next week?
Well, that’s the power of Digital Real Estate.
And, unlike with Amazon FBA, you can legitimately do this from anywhere. It’s a true lifestyle business.
Your laptop and an internet connection is all you need.
Some of the most successful students in this program run their entire 6-figure businesses from:
- A camper in the middle of the woods
- A beach chair on the water in Mexico
- A small villa in Greece
They’re able to travel around, living their lives first, and focusing on their income second.
Because even if they stop working for an extended period of time, the money keeps coming in.
So adventure, memories, and experience are the top priority.
And they never have to worry about how to pay for the next trip, or consider asking for time off.
If this sounds more like the type of life you want to lead, just click here to find out more about Digital Real Estate.
Are There Better Alternative to Fiction Profits Academy?
Yes, there are plenty of other business models to choose from if you want to pursue this making money online. Here are just a few:
What Is My #1 Recommendation To Make Money Online In 2022?
Our review team has spent months researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Real Estate is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Real Estate business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: With Amazon FBA, you don’t really own anything. Yes, you technically own the products before you send them into an Amazon warehouse, but that’s it.
You don’t own the sales platform, you don’t own a brand, and you don’t own the customers.
Not to mention, Amazon can literally shut you down at any time if they believe you’ve violated their constantly changing terms of service.
So you’re building a business that could be completely taken away from you in the blink of an eye.
With Digital Real Estate, you own the assets, which means you have all the power and all the control.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Real Estate with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket…even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
4) No Inventory: As mentioned above, spending 4-5 hours a day prepping and packing products to send to Amazon is a huge time commitment.
Plus, you constantly need to be buying new products if you want to maintain your business. You need to spend even more money if you want to scale up.
With physical products, you’ll always have limits on your time and freedom.
With Digital Real Estate, a 100% online business, you never have to worry about that.
5) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
If you wanted to double your income with Amazon FBA, you’d have to double your inventory OR your profit margins. And, guaranteed that’s a lot harder than a few clicks and a few minutes of your life.
6) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. Amazon FBA is a decent way to make yourself money, but it doesn’t improve anyone else’s lives.
After all, there’s always someone else selling rubber spatulas and umbrellas. That might be fine in the short term, but in the long run you may feel like you’re missing a purpose.
With Digital Real Estate though, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem…
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Real Estate, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either…a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Real Estate makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours. You could continue browsing, looking at opportunities like Karla Marie which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Real Estate.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Real Estate.