Douglas James Training Review (2024 Update): Is He Really The Best Online Business Guru?
Introduction To Douglas James Training Review
Hi, and welcome to my Douglas James Training review! Chances are, you stumbled upon the Douglas James training in either a handful of ways:
- You were researching how to kickstart an online business or side hustle, and Douglas James appeared on your radar.
- You spotted an ad about Douglas James Marketing courses and decided to do your own research, so Kudos to you!
- You heard about him through some friend or a family member and wanted to answer the “Is Douglas James legit” question for yourself.
No matter how you found your way here, please take a moment to make yourself comfortable as we go through the “High Ticket Client Guy” program with a fine-toothed comb.
My goal is that by the time you finish reading this article, you'll have a clear answer to all of the following questions:
- The contents of Douglas James Marketing courses - what's in store for you?
- How legit is this business model for making money online - can you really succeed?
- Whether beginners can genuinely sign on high-paying clients, or is it mainly for people with experience?
- How much do all the training programs by Douglas James cost and what your initial investment will be?
It doesn’t stop there, we’ll be covering a lot more.
I've spent years unpacking programs like these, making us your go-to source for an honest Douglas James training review. And yes, we've personally profited from this local lead generation business model!
Now obviously this doesn't make me an ultimate authority on everything. I'm not a culinary genius either, in fact, I've burned so many dinners that the Fire Department has me on speed dial.
Just consider this article your personal cheat-sheet for all things related to "Douglas James Reviews."
Before we get started…
For anyone who’s looking for a quick rundown about the Douglas James training, here's a quick report card and a list of pros and cons for you:
This Douglas James Training review has been thoroughly researched with information and testimonials that are available to anyone in the public. Any conclusions drawn by myself are opinions.
- Douglas James isn't just an armchair expert; he's in the trenches, running the very business model he teaches, which means you're not just getting unproven theories, you're getting hands-on learning for success in online marketing
- The focus here is on local business funnels through Facebook ads, which mens you'll be learning the nuts and bolts of a legitimate lead generation business.
- Douglas James has been around for a while with many students who are doing well using this business model, which mean that you have a good chance of doing well too.
- Local businesses are demanding; they want more than just Facebook ads, which means if you start signing on with those high-ticket clients, just know that you'll need to invest in extra marketing courses down the road.
- A good majority of the information about running Facebook ads that that Douglas James teaches can be found on Youtube, which means you can learn a lot of this stuff for FREE!
- For the same price, there are other companies that teach the same information along with other skillsets. This means that you could learn more for the same cost.
Why Listen To UsMy name is Josiah, and this is my Dad, Joel.
Together, we make up the team here at Scamrisk.
If you’ll let me bother you for two minutes, I’d like to quickly explain why I’m even here writing this review.
In early 2020, I had just graduated from college & had no real career prospects.
I knew I was destined for something more, but I had no clue how I was going to make it happen.
I had this sinking feeling in my gut all the time… like the “big man upstairs” had accidentally given me the version of life where I’d be mediocre forever, instead of the one where I was, ya know – happy & fulfilled.
I had fiddled around with some different online businesses in college:
Some random MLMs, a bit of affiliate marketing, a (failed) dropshipping store or two, all the usual suspects.
Even my dad had been involved in MLMs back in the day… selling knives & other random nonsense people (probably) didn’t need.
All I really wanted was to find something that was going to actually work for me.
Maybe those things had worked for others, but for me it all turned up a fat “0” in the bank account department.
So I searched! And searched… and searched… and searched…
And eventually, I somehow stumbled upon a program that promised to help me build an income online (read about it here if you’re curious).
I didn’t really want to be “rich”.
The thought of making a reliable $5K per month & not having to worry about clocking in to a 9-to-5 ever again was all I needed.
Sure, there were people in the program doing high-6 and low-7 figures per year… but that wasn’t what I was out for.
I just wanted to provide freedom for myself, and if I was lucky, take my family along for the ride.
Fast forward a few days and a few phone calls & I was enrolled!
Here’s the first “money making website” I put up:
I built that site in 2020, and it still makes me $1,500 per month. It’s a basic 5 page website I built based on a template the program provides.
The best part to me? My dad and I get to do it all together!
So between the:
Is why I recommend local lead generation as my #1 business model for making money online.
Sure, it takes some work and dedication – but anyone that tells you that there’s a business out there that requires no work is selling you a lemon.
I’m not saying you need to sign up for the same program I did, but I would definitely recommend giving the business model a peek!
TLDR - What’s The Verdict On Douglas James Training?
For those of you who just want to know if the Douglas James Training is something you should you invest in or not – My gut says no, but not for the reasons you might think.
First off, Douglas James isn't a scam artist. You can, in fact, make some good money online through his training. Here's the deal, the Douglas James cost is pretty steep compared to the Douglas James experience, which will be a hindrance down the road if your goal is to run a full-service agency.
Imagine you're a local business owner. You don't need someone who's just a whiz at Facebook ads. You need a multi-tool, a Smartphone if you will.
Something that's a camera, a GPS, a web browser, and, oh yeah, a PHONE! It's your personal assistant, entertainment center, and communication hub all rolled into one shiny little device.
Douglas James' program is more like a rotary or push button phone.
Picture yourself on a road trip: You've got the snacks, the playlist, and the open road. But halfway there, you notice you forgot the map and your GPS just lost signal. You're stuck, not knowing which turn to take next.
Now, don't get me wrong. If you're dead set on mastering just Facebook ads and landing a couple of high-paying clients, then sure, this program could work for you. You'll do alright, but just alright. You won't be a dud, but also won't be a Superstar.
I would rather you invest your money in a program that gives you a broader skill set. Why? Because you'll be able to offer more to your clients and charge them more in return. It's a win-win. You bring more value to the table, and your bank account certainly won't complain.
In fact, I've got a recommendation for a program that I'm personally connected with.
The key takeaway here is to know what you're getting into with the Douglas James Marketing courses. It's not for everyone, and it's crucial to understand who will actually benefit from his courses and who should steer clear.
|The Douglas James Training program is designed to teach you how to build your own ad agency. However, it's not a quick fix; you'll need to invest a significant amount of time to master various skills like prospecting, sales, and media buying.
|Level of Control
|You're in charge of every aspect of your agency, from finding clients to running ads. But client retention can be dicey and there's always a risk of getting banned from Google or Facebook.
|Ease of Implementation
|The program offers some "plug-and-play" campaigns and templates, but these may not always be effective. You'll need to adapt and update them to keep up with changing market conditions.
|While the program promises high-ticket clients and financial freedom, it doesn't provide a safety net or guidance on overcoming potential obstacles.
Who Will Benefit From The Douglas James Training & Who Should Run For The Hills?
Alright, let's get straight to the point. Local lead generation is a solid way to make money online. This business model is the foundation of the Douglas James training system.
So who should run with with what the program teaches?
- If you have a small side hustle and would like to learn how to generate leads so that you can make some short-term quick cash.
- If you've got a Bezos-sized budget and want to learn how to start a social media marketing agency, this can help get the ball rolling. Just know that you might lose some cash at first before you're able to build a decent stream of passive income.
- If you already have the high-ticket sales process and just want to learn how to start a local lead generation business.
There are some folks, however, who should probably skip the Douglas James route. If any of the following sounds like you, maybe you should look for something different:
- If you're looking for a solid investment, this Reddit User believes that spending over $8,000 on Douglas James' courses is not smart, especially when cheaper or even free alternatives exist. He sees the program as overhyped and a potential scam, and warns that such companies often exploit people for money.
- If you're looking for solid training, this reviewer from Ripoff Report invested $4,000 in the course, making initial payments of $2,500. Despite high hopes, he found the content lacking and irrelevant, filled with the instructor's self-promotion. Access to study materials was often blocked. After receiving no value and failing to get a refund, he concluded it was a scam.
- If money to invest is not an issue, this Trustpilot User invested $25,000 in Douglas James' VIP program, expecting a fully functional digital marketing business within 90 days. Contrary to the promises made, he received no individualized coaching and the team failed to deliver on their contractual obligations.
The Douglas James Marketing: 1,000 FT View of The "High-Ticket Client Guy"
As Vince Lombardi often said when starting a new training camp, "Gentlemen, this is a football."
So let's start with the basics.
The Lead Generation Business Model
According to Wikipedia, Lead generation is all about directing possible customers to a business. This usually means finding people who are interested in what the business offers.
Douglas James' course is all about local lead generation. It's a type of lead generation to help local businesses get more customers. How? By teaching you how to create and manage custom ads, mostly on Facebook.
Now, this isn't some rare, magic skill. Lots of online courses teach it, but Douglas James focuses on helping real, local businesses.
It's better than just doing affiliate marketing (as described in this Wealthy Affiliate reivew), learning Print-On-Demand or learning how to start a Dropshipping business, because you're actually helping local businesses bring more value to their communities.
Just know that his course is kinda pricey. And for that money, you only learn about ads. There are other programs out there that don't just teach you how to run ads, but a whole lot more, and they cost about the same.
However, if you're gonna spend your hard-earned cash, maybe look for a course that gives you more bang for your buck.
Douglas James: His Bio
Douglas James, a San Diego native, has an interesting story – Navy Corpsman, digital marketing guru, and 8-figure entrepreneur. His journey began in the Navy, where he served for a decade.
A humanitarian mission to Papua New Guinea in 2015 was a pivotal moment; it ignited a desire to be an inspiration to others. After leaving the Navy, he decided to try his hand in digital marketing, a field where he could continue his mission of helping people, just in a different way.
Enter Dan Klein, his mentor. In 2015, Douglas was tutored by Klein in the local lead generation business model. Klein, with a net worth of $30 million and a successful coaching program, taught about generating organic leads for small businesses. Here is a picture of Doug with Dan.
Douglas then founded Amped Local Inc., an agency specializing in running paid traffic ads on platforms like Facebook and YouTube. His expertise has not only sky-rocketed his own business but has also helped other companies increase their cash in door.
He's trained over 5,000 students and has a strong social media presence, boasting 9,500 YouTube subscribers and 99,500 Instagram followers.
Douglas James' net worth is somewhere between $1 million and $5 million. This includes the money he earns from his training programs and his lead generation business. His story is a testament to the power of mentorship, the effectiveness of digital marketing, and the fulfillment that comes from helping others.
How Much Does Douglas James Cost?
I believe that James had a Facebook Ads program that cost $3,000. Back then, the price seemed fair compared to what other experts were selling. But now, it's hard to tell what sets his program apart from others.
It reminds me of the Modern Millionaires review I wrote, where Chance and Abdul offer different levels of training. I wouldn't be shocked if Douglas James does the same.
His basic "Do-It-Yourself" course might still cost $3,000. But if you want a 6-month program with limited spots, you're looking at a price tag closer to $15,000.
I doubt that Douglas "high-ticket client guy" James is going to spend much time on folks who only pay him $3,000. If you want one-on-one coaching, brace yourself.
The cost could easily soar above $10,000. And something like a VIP Day could set you back a whopping $25,000, based on what's typical in the industry.
Is Douglas James Legit?
How Are Douglas James Marketing Courses Different From The Rest?
This is a great question, but I'm guessing what you really want to know is how the Douglas James Training stacks up against similar programs. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
You felt a connection with what he's saying, and you're thinking about a life with more freedom. But is his course the best way to get there? Let's break it down:
- What He Teaches: Douglas James mainly focuses on Facebook ads. He might mention other stuff, but it's mostly just Facebook. The other courses teach you not just Facebook ads, but also how to use other ad platforms. They even throw in lessons on search engine optimization and building a website. So, you get a full pizza, not just a slice.
- Starting from Zero: With Douglas James, you don't get many ready-to-use ads. You've got to build them yourself. That's like being handed a box of LEGO with no instructions. Other courses give you a bunch of pre-made ads and funnels. It's like getting a LEGO set with a step-by-step guide and video tutorials.
- Just the Basics: Douglas James' course is kinda like learning to swim in the shallow end. You won't drown, but you won't become an Olympic swimmer either. Other courses are like swim lessons that take you from the kiddie pool to diving off the high board.
My Personal Opinion On Douglas James Marketing
Let's take a few steps back from Douglas James' training course so that I can give you my honest thoughts. I've seen the course myself and I know a thing or two about Facebook marketing.
When you're thinking about buying any online course, there are two things you gotta know.
- Reviews Can Be Tricky: If you Google "Douglas James training review," you'll find a bunch of opinions. But here's the catch: most reviews are from people who didn't like the course. The just human nature. The people who are making good money are usually quiet, except for a few success stories you might see.
- Your Mindset Matters: Before you even click the buy button, think about what you're expecting. Thinking you're gonna sign up and money will just start rolling in, is like buying a cookbook and expecting to become a master chef without ever stepping into the kitchen. Skills and success both require hands-on experience.
Now, let's get to what I look for in a course like Douglas James Marketing:
- Expertise of the Guru: Does the person teaching the course actually know what they're talking about? Have they done this stuff in real life, or are they just good at selling courses?
- Coaching Options: Is there a way to get extra help? Does the course offer a private Facebook group or a similar community where you can ask questions and get advice?
- Quality of the Course: Are you actually learning useful stuff, or is it just a bunch of fluff? You want a course that gives you tools you can really use.
- Updates: The online world changes fast. Does the course keep up? You want material that's fresh, not stuff that worked five years ago but is useless now.
My Recommendation In This Douglas James Training Review
If you really focus, work hard, and don't give up, you could make this program work for you. You can even chat with people in a special Facebook group for extra help. But, it might take a while to get back the money you spent on it.
Running Facebook ads isn't super hard. If the course was free, I'd say go for it!
- This BBB user, Garrett W, says he joined the VIP program in August 2022, thinking it would just help him a bit. But he quickly saw that Douglas and his team are the real deal. They gave him a solid plan for success. Now, even with a full-time job, he's getting 2-3 new clients a month. He's super excited about his family's future. But he warns: the program won't do everything for you. You still have to put in the work to fill your own bag with success.
Now, here's why I wouldn't tell most people to take this course:
- This Trustpilot user watched a business presentation but still felt clueless about the work and costs involved. Even after a call from the company's coach, he got no clear answers on pricing. He calls it "BS Sales Speech." Later, he got more calls and texts from the company, even when he said he wasn't interested. They didn't listen and kept bothering him. He tried to leave more comments online but couldn't. He thinks the company's pushy and unprofessional, even after they sent him personal photos to gain sympathy.
In my opinion, value is about getting a lot for what you pay. Spending $3,000 to $5,000 on a course that only teaches Facebook and YouTube ads doesn't feel worth it. If it offered more, then maybe.
What’s Inside - Douglas James Training Review
Alright, let's break down Douglas James' training courses in a way that's easy to understand, but also gives you a good idea of the courses he offers.
The High-Ticket Experience
This one Is all about making big sales over the phone. You'll learn how to set up sales calls and find your special area of business. But here's the catch: it doesn't really teach you how to start an online business from scratch.
Local Business Funnels and Ads
This course is like a toolkit for local businesses. You'll learn how to make ads and get people to see them. Plus, you get to talk to a Facebook support team and even get some ready-made ads.
The Industry Marketing Academy
This course is packed! It has a "Secret Weapon" for getting leads, weekly coaching, and a private Facebook group. You'll have this course for life, so you can always go back and learn more.
The High-Ticket Expert Academy
This one's a bit fancy. It offers a VIP day and options to buy high-priced products. But it mostly focuses on finding customers, not really on how to keep them interested in what you're selling.
So, What's the Final Word?
Douglas James says he's got the "key ingredient to success," but success isn't a one-ingredient recipe. What works for one person might not work for another. And making lots of money quickly isn't the only sign of a successful business.
Last but not least, the courses are kinda mysterious. You don't get a lot of details about what you'll actually learn. That makes it hard to know if it's the right fit for you.
Douglas James' courses have some strong points, but they've got some gaps too. They're heavy on using Facebook and quick, big-money wins, but light on long-term strategies and details.
If you're thinking about signing up, make sure these courses line up with what you really need for your business.
Conclusion - To Buy, Or Not To Buy?
When it comes to courses that teach you how to get leads for businesses, this one is just okay – not the best, but not the worst either.
You see, there are other courses that give you more skills for your money and are less risky.
Douglas James knows what he's talking about, and getting leads is a good business to be in. But if we had to pick a top course, it wouldn't be this one.
What Is My #1 Way To Make Money Online In 2024?
I have spent years researching, reviewing, and vetting dozens of business models and thousands of programs.
While there may be no “perfect business”, the research IS conclusive:
Whether you’ve never made a dollar online, or you’ve been in this space for a while but never really “made it,” Digital Leasing is for you.
1) It’s Flexible: got an hour a day? You can do this. Ready to drop everything else and dive in full time? You can do this. Yes, the more time you put in, the faster you see results. But even with a little time each day, you can move the needle in a Digital Leasing business.
And because this system is so flexible, you don’t have to constantly be working to make more money. It’s called PASSIVE INCOME because if you stop working, the money doesn’t.
Imagine taking 3 months off to just tour around Europe, rent a cabin in the woods to write a book, hike the Appalachian Trail, or live on the beach and surf all day.
This is only possible if you have an income stream that’s not tied to your time.
2) You Own & Control EVERYTHING: Unlike other lead generation models that mainly use paid ads as their source of traffic, Digital Leasing gives you full ownership over every single asset, which means you have all the power and all the control. So you don't have to worry about getting your account flagged or even shut down.
It's like being the owner of an apartment building who rents each unit out to his tenants instead of a tenant who sublets to another tenant.
3) Little To No Startup Costs: It’s possible to get into Digital Leasing with zero dollars upfront. Because, using the strategies outlined in this program, you can get a client to pay you BEFORE spending a penny out of your own pocket... even before you do any work.
Even without getting paid in advance, you can have your first Digital Rental Property up, running, and generating profits for less than $100.
Also, when trying land a client, you can offer them free leads in advance to show that you can actually provide them the value for the money, and it won't really cost you anything.
The main problem with the style of lead generation taught in the Douglas James training is that if you don't have a track record, you might hit some roadblocks trying to convince a potential client to give you their money before you've proven yourself. So you will need to spend some money on ads to get them leads in advance.
4) Easy To Duplicate: Ok, here’s the best part: once you have your first Digital Rental Property up and running, you can literally DOUBLE your income with a few clicks, a couple keystrokes, and a single phone call (and you don’t actually need the phone call).
Remember: each Digital Rental Property is worth $500 to $2,000 a month in semi-passive income (over 95% profit). Every time you decide to create another one and increase your income, it gets easier.
Because you have more knowledge, more experience, more results, and more momentum.
Using the Paid Traffic model, you could duplicate campaigns (which will cost more money), but you could also run a risk of get your account shut down.
5) Make Money Helping Real People: This part is what makes it all worth it. With Digital Leasing, you’re actually helping people by solving your clients’ biggest problem:
Small, local businesses need more customers, and with Digital Leasing, you are unleashing a flood of happy, paying customers for these businesses.
You make money by helping them make money.
Not a big, faceless corporation either...a small business owner who’s using that money to put food on the table for their family, start a college fund for their kids, or take care of a sick parent.
Once you see how Digital Leasing makes a real impact in the lives of real people, you’ll sleep like a baby with a big smile on your face.
Now, the choice is yours.
You could continue browsing, looking at courses like Douglas James Training which could one day make you money.
You could continue researching, never making a decision.
OR, you could take a look inside, consider what you really want, and join a program that makes your dreams a reality. At the same time, joining a community of over 2,000 successful students that are living life on their own terms thanks to Digital Leasing.
A consistent, reliable, semi-passive stream of income that doesn’t depend on you or your time to keep producing profits.
All while genuinely helping real people who are grateful and happy to pay for it.
If this sounds more like what you want out of life (or if you just want some nice side income), click here to learn more about Digital Leasing.
#1 Business Recommendation
We each make around $10,000 per month with the help of this system.yes, show me more