How to Make Money with an MLM
Perhaps it’s safe to say that most of us have that one friend or relative who has enthusiastically (or maybe even over-eagerly) introduced us to an MLM or Multi-Level Marketing business. Unless you live under a rock, it’s pretty certain that at one point you would have probably met a person who would extol the virtues of Network Marketing or Multi Level Marketing. And maybe you might have been drawn to the idea but had some tinge of hesitation because the idea either seems too good to be true or difficult to do.
Believe it or not, Multi-Level Marketing has been around for half a century already. The idea was interestingly new and unusual. The company would have sales people who would use products for their own consumption and then sell these to their circle of friends and family. In the course of time, the sellers would earn a sizable amount of money based on their sales. Their buyers then like the items and realized they could get compensated by selling these to others. The notion is everyone who is involved could get paid on all the multiple levels. Hence, the term, multi level marketing.
What makes this type of selling attractive is a multi-level salesperson earns a great deal compared to a regular salesperson who only gets paid on a monthly basis for almost the same effort of work a multi-level sales person does. Also, in multi-level marketing (MLM) sort of democratizes the profit. Unlike traditional companies where the profits go only to the owners, in MLM the sellers get paid relative to the benefit the company gets from their initial labor.
In this day and age, Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is still described as direct selling or network marketing. An MLM company can be pretty large with hundreds of people selling products ranging from nutritional supplements, beauty items, cleaning products to other services. Do you know how to spot a genuine Multi-Level Marketing type of business as opposed to an illegal pyramid scheme?
Check Out This Simple Way To Run A Digital Real Estate Empire Online
This is so simple, it should be illegal.
Table of Contents
- You will earn a percentage from your sales.
- You will also earn commission from the sales of the people whom you recruited to join.
- These people whom you recruited are typically called “downlines.” Usually, you get some form of gratuity once a person signs up. The more downlines you get, the more money you receive, especially when they become sellers themselves.
- You need to buy some kind of a “starter kit” in order to sign up and become a Multi-Level Marketing sales person. Aside from the products, some starter kits usually include the fee for your own business website.
Most often, Multi-Level Marketing agents are very aggressive sales people. They talk on the phone, meet up with old friends and relatives, host parties or use social media to find future consumers. The aim is to always exhibit their products.
Now, you have a general idea on how you can make money through the Multi Level Marketing platform. It actually sounds good on paper but in actuality it requires blood, sweat and tears. It requires your utmost attention and full commitment. You will definitely break a sweat in this type of business and this is most certainly not for the faint of heart. But once you get your groove and you get things going — the rewards are great and you can receive a handsome passive income.
At the moment, Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is believed to outgrow traditional businesses. It’s a mammoth of a business waiting to happen — or is continually happening. It has a rapid method of distribution on a global scale and it gives plenty of opportunities for hardworking people to grow and prosper in the future.
Bear in mind however, if you want to earn a lot of money through MLM, you should not regard it as a side hustle. Rather treat it as a mainline. Yes, you can possibly earn a substantial amount of money on a regular basis, but it entails hard work and some elbow grease.
If you’re dead sure on your decision to join an MLM business, think about the following:
- How much time do you need to work to earn percentages from your sales or recruits? Is it commensurate to a daily minimum salary?
- How much money do you need to earn in order to recoup the money you spent on the “starter kit?”
- How much money do you need to earn in a month in order to start receiving commissions?
- How much earnings or sales do you need to maintain in a month in order to remain in the MLM?
- Is your area saturated with MLM representatives? If so, it’s not going to be easy to make new recruits.
- Do you believe in your products? Are there better options?
- How good are your persuasion skills? Are you the type of person who is willing to talk to people and convince them to become your recruit, buy your products or sign up for the MLM?
On a lighter note, newbies need not dismay. Making money through MLM seems easier these days. Members now make use of some online tools to help speed up the marketing of their products.
Here are some support they can utilize in doing an MLM business:
- Facebook platform. This is actually being widely used by MLM partners in spreading the news. This particular social media site is one powerful tool to promote and catch the interest of people.
- Videos. MLM companies provide a wide collection of videos in promoting their products. Some are thought-provoking videos that will let the viewers, or the target recruits, consider what is being offered.
- Attractive marketing strategies. MLM companies have come up with a long list of strategies to hook a recruit. This could go from simple freebies, to loan-strategies. They will help you catch your first recruit, at any cost!
Before jumping in, be practical and know how much you can earn and how much time you need to spend in order to make that money. If you’re willing to take the challenge, then by all means, have a go.
Share This Article: